Now in its third year, the Bond University Sustainable Healthcare Awards were designed to promote and raise awareness of best practice in high-value healthcare and recognise the achievements of leaders, advocates and innovators in this field who have overcome barriers to deliver better care.
Sustainable healthcare is about empowering people - including healthcare workers, healthcare users and the general community - to live inspired lives, create better systems, deliver better care more easily and use taxpayer-funded resources wisely. Successfully implemented, a sustainable healthcare model allows ideas to flourish and to be implemented, as well as informing and encouraging healthcare workers and patients to improve their experience and outcomes.
In the sustainable healthcare model of the future...
- systems will be simpler to navigate
- patients will have more choice, be seen sooner and stay home more often
- waste will be minimised
- healthcare staff will be well educated, feel energised and supported throughout their careers and be able to keep up-to-date with the latest research evidence
- healthcare users will know the options available to them and the benefits and risks of each option
- healthcare leaders will be empowered to drive innovation for improved outcomes.
Healthcare costs are rising disproportionately to the increase in benefits, and we know that the talent exists within our teams to help us better utilise our resources to meet the needs of our community.
Award categories and winners
Leadership Award – The style of leadership in healthcare services is critical to our future. This category celebrates the leaders who dare to be different, who inspire courage, empower their teams and stimulate positive environments where improvements continue to be created for staff and patients.
Sponsored by Bond University Healthcare Innovations Program
Winner: Tele-Cardiac Investigations Program - Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital
Special Commendation: PIVOT model - Caboolture Hospital Emergency Department
- Policy & Practice Award – Healthcare innovation that has been implemented and generated measurable difference in improving outcomes and reducing wasted resources (time, money, capacity, wellbeing).
Sponsored by Concerto Analytics
Winner: The Two-Week Systematic Review (2weekSR) - The 2weekSR Team, Institute for Evidence-Based Healthcare
Special Commendation: Primary Sense - Gold Coast Primary Health Network
- Research Award – High-quality research projects that empower the system with new knowledge that can be implemented for the benefit of patients and/or staff.
Sponsored by Health Service 360
Winner: Estimating the Magnitude of Cancer Over Diagnosis in Australia - Professor Paul Glasziou, Institute for Evidence-Based Healthcare
Special Commendation: The Yapatjarrathati Project - Associate Professor Dianne Shanley and the Yapatjarrathati Research and Healthcare Team Griffith University
- Education & Health Literacy Award – This award recognises education programs for students, staff or patients that generate positive changes in awareness, behaviour or outcomes.
Sponsored by HealthCert
Winner: Maternity Education Program, Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital
Special Commendation: Allied Health Translating Research into Practice (AH-TRIP) Program - Dr Ingrid Hickman, Princess Alexandra Hospital
Thanks to the support of our sponsors who share our passion for sustainable healthcare, each category winner will receive a $5,000 cash prize to use towards their sustainable healthcare project.
HealthCert is Australia's leading education provider for medical professionals. Dedicated to improving patient outcomes and saving lives, we have helped over 9,000 doctors in the last 12 years upskill through CPD- accredited and university quality assured certificate courses and professional diploma programs.
Health Service 360 are an award winning development consultancy with over 17 years’ experience of supporting health providers across the UK, Australia and NZ to deliver care they are proud of. They deliver results to providers who need help with improving patient experience, developing leadership, culture change, 360 feedback or service improvement.
Concerto Analytics specialises in the development and deployment of analytic software solutions for large enterprises and works collaboratively with innovative business partners who are specialists in change management, technology, engineering, project delivery, benchmarking and operational improvement.