Dr Justin Keogh
Associate Dean - Research
Level 1, Bond Institute of Health and Sport, 2 Promethean Way, Robina QLD 4226
Associate Professor Justin Keogh is currently the Associate Dean of Research for the Faculty of Health Science and Medicine, while still convening Motor Control and Learning as well as Health Research Methods subjects. He is an Accredited Sport Scientist with ESSA (ASpSc2) and an accredited Strength and Conditioning Coach with ASCA (Level II - Professional). His research achievements in the area of geriatric exercise prescription and sports biomechanics/strength and conditioning have been acknowledged by three Fellowships i.e. Australian Association of Gerontology, International Society of Biomechanics in Sport as well as Exercise and Sports Science Australia.
He currently supervises 5 PhD students, across a variety of sport science areas, with these projects involving athletes from swimming, field hockey, women’s Australian football, rugby league and super Sprint triathlon. He is currently on the editorial board for a number of journals including Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, Journal of Sport Science and Medicine and PeerJ.
In his spare time, Justin enjoys spending time with his family, practising Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, going to the gym, playing poker, reading science fiction and thriller books and enjoying craft beers and spirits.
Motor control and learning; health research methods
- Finalist, Practice Award category for the 2018 Sustainable Health Care Awards, 2018
- Senior Researcher Award, School of Sport and Recreation, AUT University, New Zealand 2010
- Emerging Researcher Award, School of Sport and Recreation, AUT University, New Zealand 2010
- Australian Strength and Conditioning Association (2014-Present)
- Australasian Skill Acquisition Network (2015-Present)
- Australian Association of Gerontology (2011-Present)
- Exercise and Sport Science Australia (2015-Present)
- Bachelor of Human Movement Studies (Honours) Southern Cross University, Lismore
- Bachelor of Health Science Griffith University, Gold Coast
- Doctor of Philosophy Griffith University, Gold Coast
- Foundations of University Learning and Teaching Bond University