Graduation ceremony information
Graduation ceremonies are held in the Basil Sellers Theatre, and ceremonies are followed by a reception for all graduates and guests in Don's Tavern. If you will be attending one of our on-campus ceremonies, please review the important information below to ensure your day is a success!
Registration for graduates
- After you have registered to attend a ceremony, you will be sent an email with a PDF document attached that will include your ticket, regalia confirmation, guest tickets and details of any additional products and services you have pre-purchased.
- Robing and registration opens 90 minutes (1.5 hours) prior to the ceremony start time but all graduands must be registered and gowned by 30 minutes before the ceremony.
- Late arrivals may not be able to participate in the ceremony.
Registration for guests
- Each graduate will be allocated a maximum of 2 guest tickets. After registration is closed, you will be contacted by email if there are any more tickets that can be released. Individual requests will not be considered.
- All guests must have a ticket and must register prior to entering the venue.
- Registration for guests is located in the Health Building Foyer, Level 3, Building 5.
- Graduates are required to wear the official academic dress for the award that you are graduating from. The academic dress set includes a gown, a mortarboard or bonnet, and a hood and/or stole in your Faculty/School’s colours. For more information please refer to the Graduation Policy.
- Graduate robing will be held in the Princeton Room, Level 3, Building 6.
- Following collection of your robe, you will need to remain in the room for ceremony line placement and group entry into the ceremony
- You can return your robe at the end of your ceremony to the Student Business Centre Reception, Level 1, Building 9.
- Orders and payments are managed by Reed Graduation Services Pty Ltd (Email: [email protected], Tel: 1300 361 806.
- Unwind from all the formalities with your guests over some drinks and refreshments at Don’s Tavern.
- For ease of check-in, please arrive together as a group if possible.
- Photography studio sessions will also be available in Don’s Tavern from our graduation partner, Reed Graduation Services.
Gifts and mementos
Various graduation services and merchandise are available as gifts and mementos of the graduation day. Pre-ordering is available for many of the specialised vendors and their merchandise will be set up in Don’s Tavern for purchase on graduation day.
- Fountain of Giving - purchase a plaque to cement your connection with Bond.
- Reed Graduation Services Photography and Framing – Reed Graduation Services Photography and Framing will be available on Graduation Day. Please view the options on the Reed Graduation Services Photography and Framing website. Reed Graduation also provide graduation memorabilia which will be available for sale at Don's Tavern on the day of graduation.
- Merchandise Store - purchase a range of Bond University clothing and memorabilia. Located in the Alumni Centre, Building 1, Level 1 (near Founders Corner) or purchase items online.