Shining a spotlight on 2022
Bond faced 2022 with optimism, energy, and determination. In a world that continues to change rapidly, the year saw Bond University sustain our success by evolving, developing, and adapting to the given circumstances.
We continued to operate seamlessly and safely through our dedication to personalised learning excellence, offering flexible delivery of our programs and prioritising communication to staff, students, partners, and communities. We proudly launched the new Brisbane Centre in May, allowing the University to deliver its world-class education to Brisbane-based professionals in their own city.
It was also a year that Bond excelled in on the global stage, as the University was ranked in the top 250-300 bracket by the prestigious Times Higher Education Global Rankings, known as THE rankings. In the 2023 Good Universities Guide, Bond was awarded a five-star rating in the student experience categories with respect to student to teacher ratios, learner engagement, learning resources, overall quality of educational experience, skills development, student support and teaching quality.
We completed another challenging year by being prepared, managing uncertainty, embracing change – and looking forward to the year ahead.
The 2022 Bond University Annual Report highlights our achievements, including:
- Construction commenced on the new allied health facility at Robina, known as BIHS North.
- In Bond Sport, student and alumni swimmers found success in the pool at major local, national, and international levels, all four AFL teams made the finals of their competitions, and the Rugby Premier Women’s league won their Grand Final.
Awards and accolades
- Bond was rated Australia’s #1 university for undergraduate student experience for the 17th consecutive year in the Good Universities Guide.
- The University was ranked in the top 250-300 bracket by the prestigious Times Higher Education Global Rankings, known as THE rankings.
- Bond convened our eleventh annual Research Week in October, featuring 15 events with over 800 registrations.
- Professor Paul Glasziou AO, Dr Olabode Ogunmakinde and Dr Adrian Gepp were recognised in the Vice Chancellor’s Research Awards
- Associate Professor Robin Orr and Associate Professor Christian Moro were recognised for their achievements in research at the Queensland 2022 Young Tall Poppy Science Awards.
- The Bond Business School was re-accredited for a further five years by the Institute of Actuaries, in recognition of the School’s international standing.
- The Faculty of Law, saw more of the mooting success including our performances in the National Rounds of the Philip C Jessup International Law Moot, the Canadian Wilson Moot, the La Trobe Environmental Law Moot, the Deakin International Commercial Arbitration Moot and the Michael Kirby Contract Law Moot.
- In the Faculty of Society & Design, two large-scale projects continued to strengthen learning and teaching. These were Embedding Sustainability in the FSD Curriculum – Including Sustainability Audit and Report, and Building a System of Discipline and Program Reporting
- Bond University College students continue to highly rate their overall satisfaction with the student experience.
- 19 new microcredentials were launched on the Bond Learner Portal.
Alumni and philanthropy
- A renewed philanthropic focus saw growth in financial and in-kind contributions. Our Chancellor’s Circle Appeal raised more funds in 2022 than in 2021. This generous assistance allowed us to support a range of initiatives such as the Bond Creative Connections Program and our Indigenous Sporting achievements.
- Working closely with the committees and chapters worldwide, the Office of Engagement facilitated a strong increase in alumni engagement over the previous 12 months, with almost 1000 alumni attending 36 events.
Access Annual Report archives
- 2021 Annual Report
- 2020 Annual Report
- 2019 Annual Report
- 2018 Annual Report
- 2017 Annual Report
- 2016 Annual Report
- 2015 Annual Report
- 2014 Annual Report
- 2013 Annual Report
- 2012 Annual Report
- 2011 Annual Report
- 2011 Members Half Year Report: January - June
- 2010 Annual Report
- 2010 Members Half Year Report: January - June
- 2009 Annual Report
- 2008 Annual Report
- 2007 Annual Report
- 2006 Annual Report
- 2005 Annual Report
Access Financial Statements archives
- Financial Statements for 2021
- Financial Statements for 2020
- Financial Statements for 2019
- Financial Statements for 2018
- Financial Statements for 2016
- Director's Report and Financial Statements for 2015
- Financial Statements for 2014
- Financial Statements for 2013
- Financial Statements for 2008
- Financial Statements for 2007
- Financial Statements for 2006
- Financial Statements for 2005