Bond Law Clinic is a legal service open to the community, providing free legal advice in the areas of commercial law, property law, business law and general legal advice.
Bond Law Clinic
Open to the community
Providing advice across a wide range of issues
You will have access to a qualified solicitor who will provide basic legal advice to you on issues such as:
- Business structures, officeholder duties and protecting your business interests
- Consumer disputes regarding the provision of goods and services
- Tenancy, lease and body corporate issues
- Disputes about contracts and agreements
- What to do when someone owes you money or is seeking a payment from you
- Administering not-for-profit organisations and incorporated associations
Why use the Bond Law Clinic?
- You can gain access to qualified legal professionals
- Find free legal advice
- The clinic is open to the Queensland and Northern Rivers community
- Online appointments are available by request
Bond Law Clinic Important Information
As a pro-bono legal advice service, the Bond Law Clinic provides free legal advice to members of the general public who would otherwise have difficulty accessing legal services, as well as Bond University staff and students.
What to Expect
Bond Law Clinic provides a free one-off confidential consultation with a qualified legal practitioner who will provide basic but high-quality legal advice to give you guidance with your legal issue. Bond Law Clinic will not represent you in courts or other tribunals, or act for you on an ongoing basis, however the service can assist you in answering your legal questions, identifying the best available options and potential outcomes for you in your circumstances.
Student Teaching Clinic
Whilst assisting you with your legal issues, Bond Law Clinic also gives Bond Law students the opportunity to gain practical legal experience within a law firm under the guidance of the experienced lawyers who provide the legal advice service. Consequently, there may be students present at your consultation together with the lawyer giving legal advice.
Client Cyber Alert
Please read the Queensland Law Society's Cyber Alert for all clients of Queensland Law Practices.
We have a professional obligation to ensure that your confidential information remains confidential except in very limited circumstances.
We may only disclose your confidential information if:
- You authorise disclosure;
- We are permitted or compelled by law to disclose;
- We disclose the information in a confidential setting, for the sole purpose of obtaining advice in connection with our legal or ethical obligations;
- We disclose the information for the sole purpose of avoiding the probable commission of a serious criminal offence;
- We disclose the information for the purpose of preventing imminent serious physical harm to you or to another person.
By accepting an appointment at Bond Law Clinic, you authorise us to disclose your confidential information to the participating student and lawyer so that we may provide you with legal advice relevant to your specific circumstances. All students participating in Bond Law Clinic sign an agreement to confirm that they will keep your personal information confidential.
About Bond Law Clinic
Bond Law Clinic Ltd is an incorporated legal practice which is wholly owned by Bond University Limited.
Bond Law Clinic Pty Ltd | ACN 668 517 637
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation