Your very first day at university marks a huge moment in your life. With all of the excitement (and nerves!) that can come with this experience, getting prepared might feel a little overwhelming – which is why we’ve curated some handy hints for our new Bondies to help you get settled.
As you’re packing your bag for your first day on campus, here’s what you should be sure to include…
Your day one must-haves:
- Your laptop or tablet. At Bond, most students use their personal computers to take notes in class.
- Your smartphone. You’ll need it to access MazeMap, keep track of your timetable and more.
- A water bottle and/or KeepCup for storing your favourite beverages.
- A notebook and pen. Even if you’re taking notes digitally, it’s helpful to have writing materials!
- Your Student ID card. You can collect this from Student Assist in the Main Library during O-Week.
Getting to campus
Ahead of your first day, you’ll want to know exactly how you’re getting to campus.
Most students choose to drive their own vehicles or carpool to campus, and we have ample free parking available. Be sure to register your vehicle for a parking permit ahead of day one through the Student Portal.
If you prefer to take public transport, there’s a bus stop located right out the front of campus, with connections running from major Gold Coast suburbs, as well as our local train stations.
Accessing our support services
As you begin your studies and transition to university life, support is never far away. If you’re struggling to settle in, need academic support, or just want to chat to someone, there are options available close to home.
Our broad support offering consists of services delivered both on campus and remotely, and includes assignment, exam and study guidance from the Academic Skills Centre, Indigenous support via the Nyombil Centre, accessibility and inclusion support, LGBTIQ support, international student support and more.