Skip to main content
Start of main content.



Eligible domestic students can apply for a loan to pay for their compulsory Student Services and Amenities Fee.

The compulsory Student Services and Amenities Fee covers the use of facilities such as the gym, pool and other sporting amenities as well as events run by BUSA, student advocacy and legal services, employment services, career advice and more.

Applying for the SA-HELP loan

You will need your Student Identification Number (SID) and your Unique Student Identifier (USI) to submit an SA-HELP application online using your eStudent account.

  • Log in online via the Student Portal or directly at eStudent. Please note that you will need your Student ID number and password (date of birth – ddmmyyyy) for your initial login.
  • Under the FEE-HELP Form tab, select the Request for a SA-HELP Loan Form
  • Enter details, including your tax file number and Unique Student Identifier (USI) and submit the form online
  • DO NOT print the form as it won’t be accepted

You only need to re-apply for SA-HELP if you change your program.

There is no administrative fee and no interest on the debt, however, it is CPI-adjusted by the Federal Government annually.

Students who withdraw after the census date for the semester will not be eligible for a remission of the SA-HELP debt or a refund of fees already paid.

Need a hand?

Other finance options