Elite Athlete Fund - Value up to $2000
The Elite Athlete Fund assists student-athletes in the pursuit of Academic and Sporting Excellence.
- Available to students currently enrolled in Bond University Undergraduate or Postgraduate degree.
- Available to students who are a member of the Bond Elite Sport Program (Tier 1).
The Elite Athlete Fund is supported by generous alumni and community donations into the Ambition Fund.
The Elite Athlete Fund assists Bond University students to participate in events ranging from World University Games and Championships through to World Championships and Olympic Games.
The fund is designed to support student-athletes in their academic and sporting endeavours. The fund aims to enhance Bond’s reputation as a leader in both academic and sporting excellence.
The following persons are eligible to apply for funding through the Elite Athlete Fund:
- Bond University students currently enrolled in a Bond University undergraduate or postgraduate degree for events to be undertaken while they still attend the University.
- Applicants must be registered with Bond’s Elite Sports Program (BESP) (Tier 1).
Up to $2000
There are a limited number of grants available each year.
Due to the nature of team selection, applications should be submitted as soon as possible. Applications must be submitted 2 months prior to the event/competition. Late applications will not be accepted, and no retrospective funding will be granted.
The fund provides support for Bond Elite Athletes to participate in National and International sporting events. Please consider the following:
- Students must be competing regularly in their chosen sport, at the highest level in their state or above.
- Preference for students representing Bond in their sport (e.g. Club level, Australian University Games).
- Preference for students competing at World Championship/International level, in particular World University Sports events competing for the Uniroos.
- Applications must be approved by the relevant Sports body, preferably the National Sports Organisation (NSO).
- Funds may be used to contribute to the following expenses related to attendance at the event/competition
- Flights to and from the event/competition
- Travel insurance costs
- Accommodation for the duration of the event/competition
- Event/competition Registration costs.
- Funding is able to be applied for once per calendar year.
- All funding will be paid on a reimbursement basis following the completion of the event/competition and receipt of the Completion Report.
N.B.: It is the student’s responsibility to arrange insurance for activity and travel. In the event that a student is unable to attend the event/competition, the grant will be forfeited, and the student will need to recoup their outlays by claiming against their insurance policy.
If you incur an injury once at the event, in order to receive funding you must:
- Remain with the team
- Follow all directives of team officials
- Submit a report as per funding requirements
Your Completion Report is due to the Bond Sport Office within 4 weeks of completing your event/competition. The report must include:
- Summary of results achieved
- Summary report of the event/competition and how your sporting aspirations were enhanced through the fund (approximately. 400 words)
- Photos of the event/competition (N.B.: photos may be used on Bond’s website and/or for publication)
- Receipts for expense