Rob joined the Australian Army as an infantry soldier before transferring to the Defence Force Physical Training Instructor (PTI) stream. As a PTI, Rob designed, developed, instructed and audited physical training programs for military personnel from both Australian and foreign defence forces. Posted to the Australian Defence Force Physical Training Instructor School he developed and delivered modules on the Combat Fitness Leader Course, The Basic PTI and Advanced PTI courses. Following completion of his master’s degree in physiotherapy, Rob served as a military physiotherapist where his role included the clinical rehabilitation and project management of physical conditioning optimisation reviews. Serving as the Human Performance Officer for the Royal Military College and Special Operations units before joining the team at Bond University in 2012, Rob continues to serve in the Army Reserve as a Human Performance Officer and as a sessional presenter.
As co-lead of the Bond University Tactical Research Unit, Rob’s fields of research include the physical conditioning and injury prevention of tactical personnel from trainees to specialists. With a doctoral degree in tactical load carriage, Rob's passion is researching the impacts of load carriage on tactical personnel.
Rob is the educational director of Tactical Strength and Conditioning - Australia and is the section editor for the Australian Strength and Conditioning Journal and editor for the NSCA TSAC Report.
- Tactical Strength and Conditioning-Australia
- National Strength and Conditioning Association
- Australian Army
- Sports Medicine Australia
- Australian Physiotherapy Association
- Human Performance Officer - Department of Defence-Army
- Sessional Lecturer - Department of Defence
- Editor - Tactical Strength and Conditioning Report
- Section Editor - Tactical - Australian Strength and Conditioning Journal
- Education Director - Tactical Strength and Conditioning-Australia
Having taught in Defence and the private sector for over 15 years, Rob's expertise lies in exercise prescription for injury prevention, rehabilitation and optimised function for athletes and special populations (military and protective services).
- 2016 Certificate of Excellence (eTEVAL Award)
- 2016 Faculty Award for Outstanding Contribution to Student Learning through Sustained Innovation
- 2015 Certificate of Excellence (eTEVAL Award)
- 2014 Certificate of Excellence (eTEVAL Award)
- 2013 Certificate of Excellence (eTEVAL Award)
- 2013 HSM Excellence in Learning and Teaching Award for Tutors/Facilitators
- Tactical Strength and Conditioning Facilitator, National Strength and Conditioning Association
- Masters of Physiotherapy Studies, University of Queensland
- Doctor of Philosophy (Physiotherapy), University of Queensland
- Australian Defence Force Physical Training Instructor, Australian Defence Force
- Bachelor of Further Education and Training, University of Southern Queensland