About the program
The Diploma of Business offers a broad foundation for a range of career opportunities in the corporate sphere. Some core skills covered include: managing teams, leadership, communicating in groups, conflict resolution, problem solving, individual and group decision making, information management, the use of different network technologies, and an understanding of ethics, morals and cultural beliefs. Successful completion of the Diploma of Business guarantees students a place in most undergraduate degrees at Bond University, including the Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of Commerce, with a possible 80 credit points credited towards their new program of study. Students are advised to check the degree study structures online to confirm for which subjects they may receive credit.
Successful completion of the Diploma of Business will provide students with either a pathway to Bond University undergraduate degrees or to start their career in a broad range of opportunities in business, management, marketing and advertising, market research or information management.
The Diploma of Business is comprised of 8 compulsory subjects and 1 compulsory skills building subject. Students must complete the following eight (8) subjects for the Diploma of Business:
- Academic Skills (BCAS01-020)*
- Introduction to Global Citizenship (BCDP02-033)
- Critical Thinking and Communication (BCDP02-101)
- Digital Transformation of Business (BCDP02-040)
- Marketing (BCDP02-005)
- Leadership and Team Dynamics (BCDP01-102)
- Ethical Thought and Action (BCDP02-103)
- Principles of Economics (BCDP02-006)
- Accounting for Decision Making (BCDP02-008)
*Academic Skills (BCAS01-020) is a compulsory 0 credit point subject that provides you with core academic skills including referencing, academic writing and time management. It must be completed in your first semester (weeks 2 to 6).
Recommended study plan
For information regarding appropriate enrolment for each semester, we recommend that students see the Program structure and sequence webpage.
Entry into the Diploma of Business requires the successful completion of Year 12 or equivalent (OP 16 to 21/ATAR 63.20-40.65). Bond University College offers tertiary preparation programs (Foundation Program and University Preparation Program) for students who do not currently have the required academic qualifications.
- Work experience - ANZCO Skill level 3 for 1 year full-time equivalent
- Incomplete Certificate IV in Adult Tertiary Preparation (passing grades in 2 subjects)
- STAT result of 144
- OP ineligible Schedule equivalent rank to OP 16 to 21
English language proficiency requirements
IELTS 6.0 or equivalent.
Read more detailed information on English Language Proficiency Requirements for university study.