Join your passion of sport and business
The Bond Sport Management program is delivered by leading experts in sport management, marketing, law, business and public relations. Enhance your career in the various areas of the global sport industry such as professional sport clubs, elite athlete development, sport agencies, community sport, governing bodies, media, marketing, tourism, event management and more.
The Bond Bachelor of Sport Management is an accelerated 2 year program, allowing students to graduate earlier and begin their career sooner.
Year 12 Extension Program
Are you in Year 12 and want to get a head start when it comes to getting into university? Join our two day workshop to gain insight into university life and assist with the transition from high school to university.
Applications now open. Find out more
Immersed in the industry
What our students say
- Significant practical industry experience and networking opportunities through work placements
- Connections with national organisations such as the AIS, AFL, ARU, the World Surf League and Australian Olympic Committee
- Access to elite athletes and sporting teams through Bond's membership with the Australian Sport Commission’s Elite Athlete Friendly University Agreement
About the program
Bond University’s Bachelor of Sport Management is designed and delivered by leading experts in sport, law, business, and public relations. You will be equipped with a strong foundation in contemporary business skills in addition to unique areas of sport-specific practices. Show more
Bond University’s Bachelor of Sport Management is designed and delivered by leading experts in sport, law, business, and public relations. You will be equipped with a strong foundation in contemporary business skills in addition to unique areas of sport-specific practices. Your subjects will focus on areas that include managing high-performance sport, sport governance, business strategies, sport law, event management, sport marketing, negotiation, finance, sport tourism, risk management, sport public relations, and organisational leadership. This will enable you to forge careers in numerous areas of the sport industry such as sporting bodies, sports governance, event management, sports marketing or working with sporting teams, clubs and players. The program places a strong emphasis on practical experience through internships and work-integrated learning. Show less
|Duration||6 semesters (2 years)|
|Program type||Bachelors Degree|
|Study area||Business and Commerce, Sport|
|Credit for prior study||For more details on applying for credit, please contact the Student Business Centre: [email protected]|
The Bond University Bachelor of Sport Management program has been designed to equip you with a broad knowledge of business, marketing and management, as well as possessing the unique skills and experience required for sport-specific careers.
You will be able to seek employment in a range of settings in the multi-faceted sport industry at local, national and international levels. These may include:
- professional sporting teams, leagues and affiliated organisations
- community service organisations
- government sport and recreation services
- local, state and national sports governing bodies
- major event corporations
- sport venue management
- high-performance sport development and player management
- sport advertising, media relations, sponsorship and marketing
- apparel and merchandising companies
- logistics, compliance and financial operations
The Bachelor of Sport Management program comprises 24 subjects, as follows:
University core subjects (3)
- CORE11-001: Critical Thinking and Communication
- CORE11-002: Leadership and Team Dynamics
- CORE11-003: Ethical Thought and Action
Required subjects (18)
- ACCT11-100: Accounting for Decision Making
- ENFB13-304: Business Plan Development
- HRTM12-209: Event Operations
- HRTM12-212: WHS Risk Management
- LAWS10-100: Business Law
- LAWS13-543: Sports Law
- MGMT13-305: Human Resource Management
- MGMT13-321: Negotiation
- MKTG11-100: Marketing
- MKTG13-303: Market Research and Analysis
- MKTG13-312: Internet and Social Media Marketing
- PUBR13-314: Sport Public Relations
- SPMT11-115: Sport Organisation, Governance and Policy
- SPMT12-103: Sport Information
- SPMT12-121: Sport Development
- SPMT12-124: Global Sport Industry
- SPMT13-125: High Performance Sport Management
- SPMT13-700: Professional Experience Sport Management
- Students may choose three (3) general elective subjects.
*General elective – A subject that may be chosen from any subject on offer across the University provided requisites, enrolment restrictions and any other faculty requirements have been met.
*Important note for first semester students
You will be registered in the Bond Business Mentoring Program designed for all new undergraduate students; please be advised the first scheduled gathering is in the Bond Business School orientation, If you require further information please email [email protected]
Recommended study structure for students admitted from 2018
Please visit BBS Program Structure and Sequencing for guidance on study plans.
Recommended study structure for students admitted prior to 2018
Please visit HSM Program Structure and Sequencing for guidance on study plans.
The below fees are based on an average per semester cost, fees may vary based on which subjects are selected and the number of subjects enrolled in for each semester:
- 2020 fees: $17,360 per semester (based on 4 subjects per semester)
- 2021 fees: $17,560 per semester (based on 4 subjects per semester)
When considering the fees associated with your studies, keep in mind that Bond’s accelerated schedule means you can finish your degree sooner and be out in the workforce up to a year earlier than if you went to another university.
This time saving also represents a substantial reduction in accommodation and living costs, plus a full year of extra earnings.
Applicants with recent secondary education (within the past two years)
Applicants must meet the University's general minimum admission criteria.
In the January semester 2019 there were fewer than five OP/ATAR offers made in this program hence no comparative information on previous OP/ATAR intake scores is available.
Visit our student profile if you are interested in the profile of all students who commenced undergraduate study at the Faculty in the January semester 2019.
International Secondary School students
For more information for International Students, including the International Baccalaureate, please go to the International Secondary School equivalency page.
Alternative entry pathways
For those applicants who do not currently have the required academic qualifications, there are a number of alternative entry pathways:
- Bond University Tertiary Preparation programs
- Bond University Diploma programs
- Other institutional Tertiary Preparation Programs
- Vocational education and training qualifications (Certificate IV and above)
- Prior higher education experience (at this university or another)
- Special Tertiary Admissions Test (STAT)
- Professional or para-professional qualifications/experience
- Employment experience verified by a statement of service from the employer stating the position title and length of service and a very brief statement on the tasks undertaken.
For more information on what is required please visit our how to apply page.
English language proficiency requirements
As tuition is delivered in English, all students will be required to provide documented evidence of the required level of proficiency in the English language. Read more detailed information on English language proficiency requirements for university study.
Credit for prior study
Subject credits may be awarded for previous studies. To apply for credits, you will need to submit academic transcripts including detailed subject outlines/course descriptions for each relevant subject and/or certified copies of testamurs to the Office of Future Students. Please refer to how to apply for credit for more information
How to apply
Throughout this degree, you will have the opportunity to gain significant practical industry experience and networking opportunities through work placements.
Bond University enjoys relationships with an extensive network of sporting partners which range from amateur sporting organisations through to elite high performance teams. Through these networks, the program includes regular industry-based assessment activities and culminates in an internship component where you can gain
valuable insight into the practice requirements and career opportunities of the global sporting industry.
Bond University Sport Management students have conducted their industry experience with a varied range of sport organisations. Bond continues to expand its network of relationships in this sphere, a selection of which is listed below:
- Australian Olympic Committee
- Australian Institute of Sport
- Australian Football League
- Australian Rugby Union
- Australian Sports Commission
- Australian University Games
- Baseball Queensland
- Events Management Queensland
- Gold Coast City Council
- Netball Queensland
- Queensland Academy of Sport
- Skate Australia
- World Rugby
- World Surf League
Throughout the program, students are also encouraged to further their career pathways by undertaking as much voluntary work in the sport sector as possible in order to develop both their practical skills and build industry networks for career opportunities.
Bond University is a member of the Australian Sport Commission’s Elite Athlete Friendly University Agreement (EAFUA). Through this agreement, Bond is dedicated to supporting elite athletes in the balanced pursuit of their academic and sporting goals by introducing more flexible academic regulations and requirements for elite student athletes.Read more