Prepare for the future of innovation, machine learning and AI
Data analytics is the science of analysing raw data in order to make conclusions about that information. Data analytics technologies and techniques are widely used in commercial industries to enable organizations to make more-informed business decisions. In today's marketplace, it is not enough to gather information and crunch numbers; you must know how to apply that data to real-life scenarios in a way that will impact behaviour. In this program, you will first learn the technical skills, including R and Python languages most commonly used in data analytics programming and implementation; then focus on the practical application, based on actual business problems in a range of industry sectors such as health, marketing and finance.
About the program
The Bachelor of Business Data Analytics program is focused on using data analytics techniques to improve business decision making. It is a quantitative program, combining elements of statistics, computing, big data and machine learning. The Bachelor of Business Data Analytics is taught via smaller classes for personalised attention and unparalleled access to facilities like the Bond University Business School’s Big Data Centre. Show more
The Bachelor of Business Data Analytics program is focused on using data analytics techniques to improve business decision making. It is a quantitative program, combining elements of statistics, computing, big data and machine learning. The Bachelor of Business Data Analytics is taught via smaller classes for personalised attention and unparalleled access to facilities like the Bond University Business School’s Big Data Centre. The program develops students’ skills in the development and understanding of analytics and analytic techniques and focuses on how these techniques can be used to solve real-world business problems and better inform evidence-based decision making. Employment opportunities include working in business as a Data Scientist, Data Analyst, or statistics consultant. Show less
|Duration||6 semesters (2 years)|
|Program type||Bachelors Degree|
|Study area||Business and Commerce|
|Credit for prior study||For more details on applying for credit, please contact the Student Business Centre: [email protected]|
The Bachelor of Business Data Analytics program comprises 24 subjects, as follows:
View the Program structure and sequence plans page for all semesters of commencement.
University core subjects (3)
- CORE11-001 Critical Thinking and Communication
- CORE11-002 Leadership and Team Dynamics
- CORE11-003 Ethical Thought and Action
Faculty core subjects (15)
- ACCT11-100 Accounting for Decision Making
- ACSC12-200 Mathematical Statistics
- DTSC11-100 Business Analytics Coding
- DTSC12-200 Data Science
- DTSC13-300 Big Data Infrastructure
- DTSC13-301 Machine Learning in Business
- DTSC13-302 Statistical Learning and Regression Models
- ECON11-100 Principles of Economics
- ECON12-200 Econometrics
- FINC12-200 Fundamentals of Finance
- MKTG11-100 Marketing
- STAT11-112 Quantitative Methods
- Alternate Choice 1: You must complete one of the following two subjects:
- Alternate Choice 2: Choose 2 subjects from of the following options:
Students must choose two (2) elective subjects.
Students must select 1 minor from the following list. Accounting; Business Economics; Entrepreneurship and Innovation; Finance; Management; Marketing; Tourism Management.
Important note for first semester students
You will be registered in the Bond Business Mentoring Program designed for all new undergraduate students; please be advised the first scheduled gathering is in the Bond Business School orientation, If you require further information please email [email protected]
The below fees are based on an average per semester cost, fees may vary based on which subjects are selected and the number of subjects enrolled in for each semester:
- 2020 fees: $17,360 per semester (based on 4 subjects per semester)
When considering the fees associated with your studies, keep in mind that Bond’s accelerated schedule means you can finish your degree sooner and be out in the workforce up to a year earlier than if you went to another university.
This time saving also represents a substantial reduction in accommodation and living costs, plus a full year of extra earnings.
Applicants with recent secondary education (within the past two years)
Applicants must meet the University's general minimum admission criteria.
International Secondary School students
For more information for International Students, including the International Baccalaureate, please go to the International Secondary School equivalency page.
Alternative entry pathways
For those applicants who do not currently have the required academic qualifications, there are a number of alternative entry pathways:
- Bond University Tertiary Preparation programs
- Bond University Diploma programs
- Other institutional Tertiary Preparation Programs
- Vocational education and training qualifications (Certificate IV and above)
- Prior higher education experience (at this university or another)
- Special Tertiary Admissions Test (STAT)
- Professional or para-professional qualifications/experience
- Employment experience verified by a statement of service from the employer stating the position title and length of service and a very brief statement on the tasks undertaken.
For more information on what is required please visit our how to apply page.
English language proficiency requirements
As tuition is delivered in English, all students will be required to provide documented evidence of the required level of proficiency in the English language. Read more detailed information on English language proficiency requirements for university study.
Credit for prior study
Subject credits may be awarded for previous studies. To apply for credits, you will need to submit academic transcripts including detailed subject outlines/course descriptions for each relevant subject and/or certified copies of testamurs to the Office of Future Students. Please refer to how to apply for credit for more information