The new complex business environment has sparked a wave of innovation and given organisations the opportunity to transform and reconfigure how they operate. These changes have been greatly influenced by the tremendous growth in digitisation and a greater demand for businesses to be more sustainable, diverse, and ethical. Progressing to further study in business or commerce you’ll gain the skills and experience which may lead you to work as a business professional in a variety of industries with an option to work in range of roles depending on your specialisation.
Advertising agencies help brands creatively communicate with their consumers through effective and integrated campaigns. Roles in this field include:
- Advertising account executive
- Media planner / buyer
- Brand strategist
- Social media coordinator
- Digital strategist
- Marketing executive
- AdWords specialist
A critical function to any organisation, human resources is primarily focused on overseeing employment related functions as well as recruitment, policies, and other administrative functions within an organisation. Roles in this field include:
- Human resource officer
- Employment specialist
- Employee relations manager
The digital revolution is making the tech industry an exciting one to enter. The prevalence of technology in our everyday lives and the demand for businesses to digitise how they operate and interact with consumers has increased the demand for graduates with business and technical skills across all industries. Roles in this field include:
- Business and technology analyst
- Business development specialist
- Data business analyst
- Reporting and insights analyst
- ICT business and systems analyst
Integral to any business or organisation, is the ability to be heard in a noisy and crowded marketplace. Marketing project managers collaborate and work closely with marketing strategists to develop project timelines as well as manage content and design producers to bring campaign objectives to life.
Program learning outcomes
Program Learning Outcomes provide a broad and measurable set of standards that incorporate a range of knowledge, skills and abilities that will be achieved on completion of the program. These outcomes will help you determine whether this program aligns with your professional pathway, career and learning goals.
View Diploma of Business learning outcomes
- Demonstrate basic knowledge and technical skills in one or more areas of business.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills needed to identify, research, analyse and address an identified need, opportunity or problem.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills needed to generate creative solutions that address an identified need, opportunity or problem.
- Recognise the ethical, cultural, environmental and social considerations of individual behaviour and organisational operations.
- Deliver a logically constructed persuasive presentation using appropriate visual aids.
- Articulate ideas, decisions, recommendations and other information in a clear, concise writing style tailored to a given audience.
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively with others to complete a project or group task.
Most of our diploma graduates opt to transition to a full degree program. Successful completion of the Diploma of Business guarantees you a place in related bachelor’s degrees at Bond University.
An inspiring story of progression
Read Timakoi Bowie’s story of balancing study and a career in football – progressing from Bond’s Diploma of Business to our Bachelor of Business while his football career was on a fast-track.