Your future in business starts here at Bond
Studying your Bachelor of Business degree at Bond University will provide you with a comprehensive, multidisciplinary foundation to work as a business professional in varied business environments. You will apply what you have learned and develop your entrepreneurial, leadership and teamwork skills by designing and running an actual business. Every student will study Business Model Generation and Business Model Execution, teaching you how to start up, execute and close down a business.
You will have exclusive access to the Bond Business Commercialisation Centre and the Bond Business Accelerator that collectively offer a broad array of tools, networking opportunities, mentoring by industry and academic experts and other resources to encourage and support you throughout your business degree.
Year 12 Extension Program
Are you in Year 12 and want to get a head start when it comes to getting into university? Join our two day workshop to gain insight into university life and assist with the transition from high school to university.
Applications now open. Find out more
Take your idea from the classroom to the boardroom
What our students say
- Finish your business degree up to a year ahead of the rest.
- Smaller classes and personal mentoring – learn in groups of around 20 to 30, delivering more interaction and support.
- Global experience – every business student has the opportunity to enhance their learning experience and travel overseas by participating on study tours, international internships and study abroad programs.
- We're with you every step of the way - The Bond Business Mentoring Program
About the program
The Bachelor of Business prepares students for a variety of possible career paths by offering a broad range of advanced study options. These options include Entrepreneurship and Innovation, International Business, Management, Marketing, Marketing Communication and Tourism Management. All students complete a major from one of these options, but may also choose to add a second major, a minor, or create a tailored set of subjects from across the university to complete their degree. Show more
The Bachelor of Business prepares students for a variety of possible career paths by offering a broad range of advanced study options. These options include Entrepreneurship and Innovation, International Business, Management, Marketing, Marketing Communication and Tourism Management. All students complete a major from one of these options, but may also choose to add a second major, a minor, or create a tailored set of subjects from across the university to complete their degree. Students are encouraged to complete an internship, study abroad opportunities or a study tour to further augment this highly experiential program. Show less
|Duration||6 semesters (2 years)|
|Program type||Bachelors Degree|
|Study area||Business and Commerce|
|Credit for prior study||For more details on applying for credit, please contact the Student Business Centre: [email protected]|
The Bachelor of Business is a broad-based qualification accepted nationally and internationally by leading employers in a wide range of corporate disciplines. Graduates often attain roles in:
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Public Relations
The Bachelor of Business program comprises 24 subjects, as follows:
University core subjects (3)
- CORE11-001 Critical Thinking and Communication
- CORE11-002 Leadership and Team Dynamics
- CORE11-003 Ethical Thought and Action
Required subjects (9)
- ACCT11-100 Accounting for Decision Making
- BUSN13-331 Business Model Generation
- BUSN13-332 Business Model Execution
- ECON11-100 Principles of Economics
- FINC12-200 Fundamentals of Finance
- LAWS10-100 Business Law
- MGMT13-305 Human Resource Management
- MKTG11-100 Marketing
- Alternate Choice: You must complete one of the following two subjects:
Business Major (6)
Students must choose one (1) of the following six subject Business majors.
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- International Business
- Marketing communication
- Tourism Management
Students can choose 6 General Elective Subject (60CP).
- General elective – A subject that may be chosen from any subject on offer across the University provided requisites, enrolment restrictions and any other faculty requirements have been met.
You are also encouraged to complete a second major or minor to diversify your skills and enhance your employability
- Any major from the Bond Business School is available for a second major. Please note, when choosing a second major, that due to the structure of some majors a full sequence of subjects cannot be provided for full accreditation. i.e Accounting and Actuarial Science. Please discuss with the Enrolment Advisor in the Student Business Centre if uncertain of choices.
- A minor is a set of subjects that are sufficient to establish proficiency in a discipline without having to take all of the subjects that a major would take. All minors in the Bond Business School are available to Bachelor of Business, Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Actuarial Science students.
A list of Majors and Minors is available here
Please visit BBS Program Structure and Sequencing for guidance on study plans
Students may also choose one of the following opportunities to use one or more of your elective subjects or part of a Major to have an international experience or an Internship opportunity provided you meet the requirements. Please discuss with the Enrolment Advisor in the Student Business Centre.
- Study Tour
The Study Tour requires approval from the Faculty. (Please note that Additional Costs are associated with this subject).
- Business Internship
The Internship requires a GPA credit average and requires approval from the Faculty with an application to the Career Development Centre.
- Individual Study Topic
The Individual Study Topic is only available in exceptional circumstances and requires Program Director's approval.
The following opportunities are also available to Bond Business School students.
- BUSN13-730: Business School International Semester
Students will be undertaking study at approved overseas institutes offering an international internship experience program, facilitating both academic study courses and practical industry internship placement
- Bond International Exchange Program
Current Bond students have the opportunity to study at one of 80+ leading universities in our network of exclusive international partnerships, for one or two semesters.
Important note for first semester students
You will be registered in the Bond Business Mentoring Program, designed for all new undergraduate students. Please be advised that the first gathering is scheduled during the Bond Business School orientation. If you require further information please email email@example.com.
The below fees are based on an average per semester cost, fees may vary based on which subjects are selected and the number of subjects enrolled in for each semester:
- 2020 fees: $17,360 per semester (based on 4 subjects per semester)
- 2021 fees: $17,560 per semester (based on 4 subjects per semester)
When considering the fees associated with your studies, keep in mind that Bond’s accelerated schedule means you can finish your degree sooner and be out in the workforce up to a year earlier than if you went to another university.
This time saving also represents a substantial reduction in accommodation and living costs, plus a full year of extra earnings.
Applicants with recent secondary education (within the past two years)
Applicants must meet the University's general minimum admission criteria.
The following table provides comparative information for those domestic students admitted into this program wholly or partly on the basis of OP/ATAR in January semester 2019.
|ATAR based offers only, across all offer rounds||ATAR (OP in QLD)|
(Excluding adjustment factors)
(ATAR/OP plus any adjustment factors)
|Highest rank to receive an offer||OP5/ATAR 92||92|
|Median rank to receive an offer||OP11/ATAR 77||77|
|Lowest rank to receive an offer||OP14/ATAR 68||70|
Visit our student profile if you are interested in the profile of all students who commenced undergraduate study at the Faculty in the January semester 2019.
International Secondary School students
For more information for International Students, including the International Baccalaureate, please go to the International Secondary School equivalency page.
Alternative entry pathways
For those applicants who do not currently have the required academic qualifications, there are a number of alternative entry pathways:
- Bond University Tertiary Preparation programs
- Bond University Diploma programs
- Other institutional Tertiary Preparation Programs
- Vocational education and training qualifications (Certificate IV and above)
- Prior higher education experience (at this university or another)
- Special Tertiary Admissions Test (STAT)
- Professional or para-professional qualifications/experience
- Employment experience verified by a statement of service from the employer stating the position title and length of service and a very brief statement on the tasks undertaken.
For more information on what is required please visit our how to apply page.
English language proficiency requirements
As tuition is delivered in English, all students will be required to provide documented evidence of the required level of proficiency in the English language. Read more detailed information on English language proficiency requirements for university study.
Credit for prior study
Subject credits may be awarded for previous studies. To apply for credits, you will need to submit academic transcripts including detailed subject outlines/course descriptions for each relevant subject and/or certified copies of testamurs to the Office of Future Students. Please refer to how to apply for credit for more information