Welcome from the Executive Dean
Have you ever wondered why Facebook sold $16 billion worth of shares on the day it went public, despite the fact that it was losing money? Or why Instagram sold for $1 billion when it had no revenue whatsoever? The answer lies in the value of data and, more importantly, knowing what to do with it.
It’s why 76% of Australian companies are planning to increase their investment in data analytics capabilities over the next two years; and why the number of data science professionals will grow by 2.4% every year between now and 2021 / 22. And it’s why Bond Business School is expanding its focus on big data and actuarial science.
In 2019, BBS will add the Master of Business Data Analytics to our existing suite of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in actuarial science and data management. We also offer big data and digital business as an MBA specialisation and a major for our more broadly-based Business, Commerce and Finance degrees. But what really positions us as one of the leaders in future-focused business education is the vital link we have forged between these emergent technologies and their real world application to business incubation, business growth and entrepreneurship.
This is not about data for data’s sake. It’s about blending strategic start-up development, business fundamentals, data technologies and trend forecasting to create ‘intelligent’ business professionals and leaders for the 21st century. We invite you to see how this all comes together in our dynamic learning space. Visit in person or online: Instead of classrooms, you’ll find boardrooms and breakout rooms and lounge areas for casual discussions.
The latest stock market data comes in live via 40 Bloomberg terminals in the Trading Room; new businesses and start-ups are nurtured in the Commercialisation Centre; concepts for new enterprises, systems and better ways of doing things are hashed out by our students and their mentors in the Transformer space.
It’s ‘business’, but there’s nothing ‘usual’ about it as we develop graduates who won’t just fit in to the workplace of the future; they’ll be absolute STAND OUTs.
I look forward to welcoming you on campus soon.
Professor Terry O'Neill
Bond Business School
The School’s vision is to be the place of choice for tomorrow’s business leaders to study and learn their craft. We will be widely acknowledged, both nationally and internationally, as the benchmark in providing an uncompromising commitment to a premium student experience, focussing on our recognised research strengths in analytics, entrepreneurial thinking; and through developing leaders for society.
Building tomorrow's business leaders, one by one
To accomplish this, we:
- Develop professionally, socially and cross-culturally skilled business graduates with learning outcomes focussing on analytical ability, and entrepreneurial, impactful leadership through participating in a rigorous, innovative, small-class and high-engagement learning experience
- Are a national and global leader in staff performance and commitment, academic program quality, and graduate satisfaction and outcomes
- Bring together students and staff to share diverse perspectives and ideas from around the world
- Generate knowledge through high-quality research that contributes to theory and practice in business disciplines and business education, which also strengthens our ability to deliver our graduate outcomes
- Value quality in everything we do
Our 10,000+ Alumni at a glance
- The #1 job title held by Bond Business School Alumni is Director closely followed by Managing Director, Manager, Owner and CEO*. Our world-class academics will equip you with the knowledge and tools you need to succeed in today's world.
- Among the top 10 employers are PwC, KPMG, EY and the big 4 banks*. Bond Business School degrees are highly regarded by industry and internationally recognised to help you land that job after graduation.
- 52% are based overseas in more than 20 countries*. More proof that we offer a true international experience and have access to industry connections all over the world!
*Bond University Alumni Database, 2017.
Accreditations and memberships
Bond Business School has memberships with the following leading industry organisations. Bond Business School is among less than 7% of the world’s 13,000 business programs to have earned accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business and less than 2% have earned European Foundation for Management Development's (EFMD) European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS) accreditation. Bond Business School is both AACSB and EQUIS accredited.