Give yourself the competitive edge in your career
The January semester for this program will be delivered in a multi-modal format, with classes designed to support and engage all learners. Whether they're on campus or abroad, all students will be able to access Bond's exceptional and personalised learning experience through dynamic and interactive lectures, tutorials, seminars, workshops and lab sessions.
The Masters of Business Administration and Master of Project Management double degree at Bond University enables anyone interested in management, strategy and leadership to acquire expertise in the planning, implementation and management of projects.
Bond's MBA has been redesigned to provide students with key functional knowledge, focused expertise and greater flexibility. The program utilises three pillars of innovation, data analytics, and business transformation to develop global leaders who think critically, creatively and strategically. The addition of project management skills enables you to access more strategic positions and to be responsible for overseeing new initiatives involving the management of scope, time, cost and risk.
IMPORTANT: Effective June 2020, graduates of GAC-accredited programs will be awarded a substantial reduction in the experience requirement for all PMI certifications.
Why the world needs more project managers
By 2027, the world will need 88.7 million project managers. PMI projects a potential loss of 27.9 billion US dollars across 11 countries if more skilled project managers do not join the workforce.
Professor Patching explains, the skills of project managers have changed in previous years and Bond’s undergraduate and postgraduate project management degrees are designed to equip graduates with the skills they need for the future role of the project manager. Read more...
11 secrets of successful project managers
With project management skills in increasing demand, project managers have a sought-after skill set possessed by few.
Find out more about the 11 secrets of successful project managers. Read more...
Graduate with two Master's degrees, in just two years
What our alumni say
- Small class sizes – learn in groups of around 20 to 30, delivering more interaction and more support.
- We are with you every step of the way with our ‘Bond Business Mentoring Program’.
- Diverse MBA cohort with over 20 nationalities represented, providing you with cross-cultural experiences while you study and rich global network afterwards.
About the program
The Bond MBA is a generalist management program. Designed to blend industry-relevant research with practical applications and challenges, the intended learning outcomes are centred on the three pillars of leadership, global business and entrepreneurship, developing graduates who can think critically and strategically in this context. Show more
The Bond MBA is a generalist management program. Designed to blend industry-relevant research with practical applications and challenges, the intended learning outcomes are centred on the three pillars of leadership, global business and entrepreneurship, developing graduates who can think critically and strategically in this context. The program is designed to provide graduates with the core underlying technical skills that inform effective decision making, framed around the development of the interpersonal, cross-cultural and communication skills that are required to lead in the implementation of these decisions. The addition of project management skills enables graduates to access more strategic positions in their organisation and to be responsible for overseeing new initiatives involving the management of scope, time, cost and risk. The program is designed to enhance the career opportunities of established professionals, as well as assist individuals aspiring to develop a career in this unique sector. Show less
|Mode||On Campus and Remote|
Due to current travel restrictions, this program will temporarily be delivered using a mixture of on-campus, remote and multi-modal classes to support and engage all students, from all parts of the world.
|Duration||6 semesters (2 years)|
|Program type||Masters Coursework|
|Study area||Architecture and Built Environment, Business and Commerce|
|Credit for prior study||For more details on applying for credit, please contact the Student Business Centre: [email protected]|
Master of Business Administration/Master of Project Management program comprises 21 subjects, as follows:
|Required subjects (8 x 5cp)|
- BMBA70-810 Individuals, Sessions and Leadership
- BMBA70-820 Interpersonal Dynamics
- BMBA70-830 Effective Decision Making
- BMBA70-840 Motivation and Organisation
- BMBA70-850 Managerial Economics
- BMBA70-860 Marketing for Managers
- BMBA70-870 Accounting for Managers
- BMBA70-880 Financial Decision Making
|Required subjects (9 x 10cp & 1 x 20cp)|
- BMBA71-301 Data Analytics for Decision Making
- BMBA71-302 Strategic Insight
- BMBA71-303 MBA Capstone
- MGMT71-326 Project Innovation and Change
- SDCM71-323 Expert Witness and Dispute Resolution
- SDIM71-201 Risk Management
- SSUD71-103 Principles of Project Management
- SSUD71-111 Project Finance and Procurement
- SSUD71-305 Project Portfolio and Program Management
- SSUD74-200 Research Project
- Students can choose up to 30 Credit Points of General Elective Subjects (30cp).
- General elective – A subject that may be chosen from any subject on offer across the University provided requisites, enrolment restrictions and any other faculty requirements have been met.
Students may also choose one of the following opportunities to use your elective subject to have international experiences or an Internship opportunity provided you meet the requirements. Please discuss with the Enrolment Advisor in the Student Business Centre.
- The Study Tour requires approval from the Faculty. (Please note that additional costs and visa requirements are associated with this subject).
- The Internship requires a 2.0 GPA and approval from the Faculty with an application to the Career Development Centre.
- The Individual Study Topic is only available in exceptional circumstances and requires the Program Director's approval.
Please visit BBS Program Structure and Sequencing for guidance on study plans.
The below fees are based on the total estimated program fee divided by the number of standard full-time semesters required to complete the program. Fees may vary based on which subjects are selected and the number of subjects enrolled in for each semester.
Semester program fee:
- Students commencing study in 2021: $14,513* per semester average
Total program fee:
- Students commencing study in 2021: $87,080
When considering the fees associated with your studies, keep in mind that Bond’s accelerated schedule means you can finish your degree sooner and be out in the workforce up to a year earlier than most other universities.
This time saving also represents a substantial reduction in accommodation and living costs, plus a full year of extra earnings.
* The fees listed are average costs displayed to provide an indicative program cost only, they may differ to the indicative fee included in the Bond University offer letter due to differences in individual and exact study schedules.
Tuition fees are subject to change on an annual basis and will be charged at the appropriate fee for the year of enrolment.
* Note: for students commencing January 2021 the University has held the 2020 tuition fee amount in recognition of the current circumstances, with 2021 fees effective only from the University’s May 2021 semester.
Academic entry requirements
Entry into the MBA / Master of Project Management requires the following:
- Minimum three years’ work experience
- Quality undergraduate degree from a recognised institution.
- Cover letter detailing your career goals, future ambitions and experience.
- Two professional referee reports.
- Interview with the program director may be required.
Please contact the Office of Future Students for further information.
English language proficiency requirements
As tuition is delivered in English, all students will be required to provide documented evidence of the required level of proficiency in the English language. Read more detailed information on English Language Proficiency Requirements for university study.
Credit for prior study
Subject credits may be awarded for previous studies. To apply for credits, you will need to submit academic transcripts including detailed subject outlines/course descriptions for each relevant subject and/or certified copies of testamurs to the Office of Future Students. Please refer to how to apply for credit for more information