This subject covers more advanced measurement of such as hydraulics, services, complex in ground works, structures and contract variations. Students will be required to draft a provisional bill of quantities document.
|Faculty||Faculty of Society & Design|
1. Build on the measurement skills learnt in Measurement 1 and develop these to cover more complex trades and work items.
2. Evaluate standard methods of measurement and approaches to measuring building quanitites and develop a sound knowledge of the costs and benefits associated with alternative measurement methods.
3. Develop skills in interpretation of construction documents including drawings and specifications, and standards such as the Australian Standard Method Measurement of Building Works.
4. Be able to advise clients of the benefits and costs associated with different approaches to building cost control and the documents used in tendering and cost management such as various types of bills of quantities, builders' bills and the like.
5. Develop an advanced ability to quantify two-dimensional and three-dimensional shapes, given sufficient and yet limited description of the dimensions.
There are no co-requisites.
This subject is not available as a general elective. To be eligible for enrolment, the subject must be specified in the students’ program structure.
|Withdraw – Financial?||05/10/2018|
|Withdraw – Academic?||27/10/2018|
|Withdraw – Financial?||08/02/2019|
|Withdraw – Academic?||02/03/2019|