This subject covers an introduction to the Australian Standard Method of Measurement, methods of recording building dimensions, checking building plans and specifications, measurement of basic trades including brickwork, finishes, earthworks, concrete and roofing.
|Faculty of Society & Design|
- September 2018 [Standard Offering]
- May 2019 [Standard Offering]
- September 2019 [Standard Offering]
- May 2020 [Standard Offering]
|Not Available to Study Abroad students|
- Architecture and Built Environment
- Commencing in 2018: $4,247
- Commencing in 2019: $4,290
1. Understand the basic principles of measurement of building works and its role as a basis for the financial management of building contracts.
2. Analyse standard contract documents (drawings and specification) and extract information relevant to the measurement and construction of the works described.
3. Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the principles of the measurement of simple building works.
4. Prepare quantities for the measurement of building works using the rules and principles described in the Australian Standard Method of Measurement.
SSUD11-101 - Understanding Buildings 1 AND Faculty Approval Required.