Understanding Buildings 1 provides an overview of the building construction process. Focused on detached housing development, this subject introduces the stakeholders as well as the physical, legislative, and cost factors affecting development of a building. It investigates the component parts of a building and their functions in detail, as well as the construction sequence and methods adopted. Construction terminology is examined and spatial awareness and drawing interpretation is practiced.
|Faculty||Faculty of Society & Design|
1. Identify the stakeholders and describe the physical, legislative, and cost factors affecting development of a building;
2. Describe and identify the component parts of a building (physically and on drawings) and their functions;
3. Recognise and describe the construction sequence and methods adopted to construct a building;
4. Interpret basic site plans and construction drawings, and extract particular information required; and
5. Apply construction terminology to communicate effectively.
|Withdraw – Financial?||10/10/2020|
|Withdraw – Academic?||31/10/2020|
|Withdraw – Financial?||13/02/2021|
|Withdraw – Academic?||06/03/2021|