This subject covers medium to high rise construction techniques which includes foundation types, structural systems, facade systems and material handling & management processes.
|Faculty||Faculty of Society & Design|
1. Understand construction and structural principles and practice in the design and construction of medium and high rise construction projects.
2. Understand the design, structural and sustainability principles associated with the selection of major building elements in commercial projects including selection of appropriate structural systems and materials.
3. Assess temporary works and the suitability of plant and equipment for various construction methods.
4. Assess common building defects and failures, and identify and advise clients of appropriate methods of repair and restoration.
5. Evaluate alternative forms and methods of construction for larger scale projects and make judgements as to the most appropriate solutions for typical situations with due regard to health and safety of building workers and occupants.
6. Evaluate the suitability of various types of building elements such as footing systems, structural systems and waterproofing systems to ensure acceptable performance and durability.
There are no co-requisites.
|Withdraw – Financial?||05/10/2018|
|Withdraw – Academic?||27/10/2018|