Further your career with an MBA at Bond
The September semester for this program will be delivered in a multi-modal format with a mixture of on-campus, mixed mode and remote classes. All students will be able to access Bond’s exceptional, personalised learning experience regardless of their location. For students who are able to attend campus, we are working toward the resumption of face-to-face classes especially for small group instruction such as tutorials, seminars, workshops and lab sessions.
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) has been redesigned to provide you with a wide range of functional knowledge, expertise in business transformation and greater flexibility for you to manage the demands of postgraduate studies. With Bond’s three-semester-per-year timetable, you can complete an MBA in Australia in just one year. The new structure allows you to tailor your degree to align with your career ambitions.
Developed using the pillars of innovation, data analytics and business transformation, and with a focus on evidence-based decision making, Bond’s MBA develops global leaders who think critically, creatively and strategically.
The MBA program is structured into three parts, all making up 40 credit points – the equivalent of one semester of full-time study.
Core functional bootcamps
The first part of Bond’s MBA program features eight bootcamps delivered in intensive mode, providing you with an immersive experience in an efficient timeframe.
The bootcamps equip you with the core knowledge and provide you with the necessary foundation to progress through the MBA. You will study interpersonal dynamics, leadership, motivation and organisation, effective decision making, managerial economics, marketing, accounting, and financial decision making. The new program has minimised the time students are required on campus, allowing the flexibility students need to balance their professional and personal lives.
The second part of the MBA utilises Bond’s distinct research strengths, equipping you with the skills and experience to set stand out from in the marketplace. This semester focuses on creative thought, data analytics and strategic management. These subjects provide you with the necessary skills to do the Business Transformation capstone.
You can choose any postgraduate elective in the Business School, assuming prior knowledge has been met. The flexibility and customisation have been introduced to help you study what is right for you and your career aspirations.
Campus and Bond University experience
For the past 15 years, Bond University has been recognised as Australia’s number one university for student experience according to the Good Universities Guide. In addition, The Bond Business School rates number one in Australia for business and management in Learner Engagement, Learning Resources, Overall Quality of Educational Experience, Skills Development, Student Support and Teaching Quality.
Bond’s MBA utilises small classrooms, world-leading academics, and a one-to-one mentality that puts you and your career at the centre of our ambitions. Our MBA cohorts forge lifelong connections and develop wide-ranging and influential networks. Alongside our Career Development Centre, a specialised support team to help you plan your career, our MBA alumni network is a vibrant and welcoming international network of professionals always eager to help a fellow Bondy.
What our alumni say
- The new structure allows the flexibility for professionals to complete an MBA full-time, but on a part-time schedule
- Receive an academic mentor to help you tailor the MBA program to your career ambitions
- Analyse real-world business challenges as Harvard case methods are incorporated in every core subject
- Study with a diverse MBA cohort with over 20 nationalities represented, providing you with cross-cultural experiences while you study and rich global network afterwards
- Learn in small class sizes. Our 10:1 student to teacher ratio and access to academics opens doors to industry placements, research projects, job opportunities and help whenever you need it
- Experience global business environments with international Study Tours available within Asia, South-East Asia and Silicon Valley
- Access to an array state-of-the-art learning resources including the Bond FinTech Hub, Commercialisation Centre, Centre for Actuarial and Financial Big Data Analytics and Transformer
About the program
The Bond MBA is a generalist management program of 12 subjects. Designed to blend industry-relevant research with practical applications and challenges, the intended learning outcomes are centred on the three pillars of leadership, global business and entrepreneurship, developing graduates who can think critically and strategically in this context. Show more
The Bond MBA is a generalist management program of 12 subjects. Designed to blend industry-relevant research with practical applications and challenges, the intended learning outcomes are centred on the three pillars of leadership, global business and entrepreneurship, developing graduates who can think critically and strategically in this context. The program is designed to provide graduates with the core underlying technical skills that inform effective decision making, framed around the development of the interpersonal, cross-cultural and communication skills that are required to lead in the implementation of these decisions. Show less
|Mode||On Campus and Remote|
Due to current travel restrictions, this program will temporarily be delivered using a mixture of on-campus, remote and multi-modal classes to support and engage all students, from all parts of the world.
|Duration||3 semesters (1 year)|
|Program type||Masters Coursework|
|Study area||Business and Commerce|
|Credit for prior study||For more details on applying for credit, please contact the Student Business Centre: [email protected]|
The Master of Business Administration program comprises 16 subjects, as follows:
Required subjects (8 x 5cp)
- BMBA70-810 Individuals, Teams and Leadership
- BMBA70-820 Interpersonal Dynamics
- BMBA70-830 Effective Decision Making
- BMBA70-840 Motivation and Organisation
- BMBA70-850 Managerial Economics
- BMBA70-860 Marketing for Managers
- BMBA70-870 Accounting for Managers
- BMBA70-880 Financial Decision Making
Required subjects (4 x 10cp)
- BMBA71-301 Data Analytics for Decision Making
- BMBA71-302 Strategic Insight
- BMBA71-303 MBA Capstone
- MGMT71-326 Project Innovation and Change
- Students can choose up to 40 Credit Points of General Elective Subjects (40cp).
- General elective – A subject that may be chosen from any subject on offer across the University provided requisites, enrolment restrictions and any other faculty requirements have been met.
- Students may also use all of their electives to take a specialisation (4 Subjects) from the list below
- Big Data
- International Business
- Tourism Management
- Health Management
- Please visit the Major and minor study areas for guidance on specialisations.
Students may also choose one of the following opportunities to use your elective subject to have international experiences or an Internship opportunity provided you meet the requirements. Please discuss with the Enrolment Advisor in the Student Business Centre.
- The Study Tour requires approval from the Faculty. (Please note that additional costs and visa requirements are associated with this subject).
- The Internship requires a 2.0 GPA and approval from the Faculty with an application to the Career Development Centre.
- The Individual Study Topic is only available in exceptional circumstances and requires the Program Director's approval.
Please visit BBS Program Structure and Sequencing for guidance on study plans.
The below fees are based on the total estimated program fee divided by the number of standard full-time semesters required to complete the program. Fees may vary based on which subjects are selected and the number of subjects enrolled in for each semester.
Semester program fee:
- Students commencing study in 2020: $20,327* per semester average
- Students commencing study in 2021: $21,047* per semester average
Total program fee:
- Students commencing study in 2020: $60,980
- Students commencing study in 2021: $63,140
When considering the fees associated with your studies, keep in mind that Bond’s accelerated schedule means you can finish your degree sooner and be out in the workforce up to a year earlier than most other universities.
This time saving also represents a substantial reduction in accommodation and living costs, plus a full year of extra earnings.
* The fees listed are average costs displayed to provide an indicative program cost only, they may differ to the indicative fee included in the Bond University offer letter due to differences in individual and exact study schedules.
Tuition fees are subject to change on an annual basis and will be charged at the appropriate fee for the year of enrolment.
* Note: for students commencing January 2021 the University has held the 2020 tuition fee amount in recognition of the current circumstances, with 2021 fees effective only from the University’s May 2021 semester.
Academic entry requirements
We focus on creating a complementary cohort of students drawn from diverse backgrounds and cultures. You will need to demonstrate strong academic achievement as well as the potential and motivation to assume global leadership roles. Each application is assessed on an individual basis.
Entry into the MBA requires the following:
- Minimum three years’ work experience
- Quality undergraduate degree from a recognised institution.
- Cover letter detailing your career goals, future ambitions and experience.
- Two professional referee reports.
- Interview with the program director may be required.
- Candidates have the option of submitting a GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) score.
Please contact the Office of Future Students for further information.
English language proficiency requirements
As tuition is delivered in English, all students will be required to provide documented evidence of the required level of proficiency in the English language. Read more detailed information on English Language Proficiency Requirements for university study.
Credit for prior study
Subject credits may be awarded for previous studies. To apply for credits, you will need to submit academic transcripts including detailed subject outlines/course descriptions for each relevant subject and/or certified copies of testamurs to the Office of Future Students. Please refer to how to apply for credit for more information
How to apply
A Master of Business Administration degree is a prestigious qualification that equips professionals with the skills and knowledge to take their career to the next level in an array of industries. An MBA opens a great deal of employment opportunities as it has become one of the most sought-after qualification for jobs advertised in:
- Business Development
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Health Services
Bond’s MBA graduates hold senior management positions throughout the world in leading multinational corporations. Part of what makes Bond unique is the strength, diversity and passion of the alumni network. The Bond Business School celebrates over 11,000 graduates with the number one job title held by our Alumni is Director, closely followed by Managing Director, Manager, Owner and CEO.
Bond Business School is among less than 7% of the world’s 13,000 business programs to have earned accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and less than 2% have earned European Foundation for Management Development's (EFMD) European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS) accreditation. Bond Business School is both AACSB and EQUIS accredited placing us in the top% of Business Schools in the world.
Innovation, resilience and flexibility are the foundations for success in the tough global business environment. Bond’s internationally accredited Master of Business Administration (MBA) transforms you personally and professionally to prepare you for challenges anywhere in the world.