Projects and programs require management of change and complexity. Many of the challenges faced involve multiple stakeholders and have not been previously encountered, requiring recognition of different perspectives and the ability to devise novel solutions. System (or ‘big picture’) thinking enables managers to enhance their understanding and model complex social, economic, environmental, technical and/or political systems to support analysis, problem solving, decision-making and control in management practice. This subject introduces and provides opportunities for application of system thinking, system dynamics, soft systems methodology and operations research. New thinking in project management is explored and discussed using a range of online resources and video presentations.
|Faculty||Faculty of Society & Design|
1. Learn about latest thinking in the project management discipline.
2. Appreciate how to take a ‘big picture’ view of project decisions.
3. Apply system dynamics to understand complex social problems.
4. Develop strategies to implement and manage change.
5. Experience online professional development and continuous learning.
|Withdraw – Financial?||12/06/2021|
|Withdraw – Academic?||03/07/2021|