Project Contract Administration considers the various forms of standard building contract, the basic principles and practice of administering building and construction projects, insurances and security, selection of a builder, variations to contract works, adjustments to contract sums and financial control, time in building contracts, payments, defects in contract works, subcontracts, delays, extensions, completion of works and retention monies.
|Faculty||Faculty of Society & Design|
|Study abroad||Not Available to Study Abroad students|
1. Critically examine and evaluate the rights and responsibilities of the various parties to a standard form of building contract.
2. Demonstrate detailed knowledge of the mandatory contractual procedures for administering project scope, quality, cost and time.
3. Explore and develop practical working skills in the key areas of contract administration during the construction phase of a building project.
4. Be able to provide advice on the advantages and disadvantages of different forms of contract for building work.
5. Demonstrate a mature understanding of rights and obligations of the parties to building contracts.
Please check the subject outline for pre-requisite subjects.