|Faculty:||Faculty of Society and Design|
This subject will observe a landscape and its associated environments to develop understandings of place from which design proposals can be established. Understandings of terrain, climate, space, place, environment and cultural landscapes will be explored through field work studies, drawing and model making. Students critical and responsive design thinking will be focussed through proposed landscape interventions. The Designing for a Sustainable Future course will be closely related to the subject. A design drawing and model making discovery course is integrated within the subject.
- Demonstrate critical analysis and observation skills.
- Demonstrate an acute awareness of a set of contextual environments.
- Ability to apply creative design thinking in the development of a conceptual idea.
- Ability to experiment, test and trial various conceptual ideas using a variety of media and methods.
- Develop verbal presentation skills combined with 2D and 3D communication techniques.
- Ability to work collaboratively and contribute constructively to a team environment.
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
This subject is not available to
This subject is not available as a general elective. To be eligible for enrolment, the subject must be specified in the students’ program structure.
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 19/03/2023 Semester start: 15/05/2023 Subject start: 15/05/2023 Cancellation 1: 29/05/2023 Cancellation 2: 05/06/2023 Last enrolment: 28/05/2023 Withdraw - Financial: 10/06/2023 Withdraw - Academic: 01/07/2023 Teaching census: 09/06/2023
|Withdraw - Financial:||10/06/2023|
|Withdraw - Academic:||01/07/2023|