Advance your career
The upcoming semester for this program will be delivered in a multi-modal format, with classes designed to support and engage all learners. Whether they're on campus or abroad, all students will be able to access Bond's exceptional and personalised learning experience through dynamic and interactive lectures, tutorials, seminars, workshops and lab sessions.
Construction was the first and is still the dominant sector of the economy where project management is practised. It is also an international endeavour, where the cost and complexity of major buildings is ever increasing.
Further your expertise and industry experience for a global career through the combined the Master of Construction Practice/Master of Project Management. Graduates will gain an internationally recognised qualification and in turn, enhance their career potential in the field of construction practice.
IMPORTANT: Effective June 2020, graduates of GAC-accredited programs will be awarded a substantial reduction in the experience requirement for all PMI certifications.
Gain a Double Masters in just 2 years at Bond
Internationally recognised qualification
The Master of Construction Practice is accredited by RICS, CIOB and AIQS. The Master of Project Management is accredited by RICS, PMI and AIPM. Completion of the combined degree satisfies the accreditation requirements of both single degrees.
Combined Degree Options
- Master of Architecture / Master of Project Management
- Master of Construction Practice / Master of Project Management
- Master of Sport Management / Master of Project Management
- Master of Sustainable Environments and Planning / Master of Project Management
- Master of Valuation and Property Development / Master of Project Management
- Master of International Relations / Master of Project Management
- Master of Business Administration / Master of Project Management
- Master of Communication / Master of Project Management
- Master of Criminology / Master of Project Management
- Gain an internationally recognised qualification
- Learn in the University’s Sustainable Development Building Precinct promoting sustainable practices of tomorrow
- Graduate sooner with Bond’s accelerated degrees
About the program
The combined Masters degree in Construction Practice and Project Management enables students interested in being a construction project manager to gain specialised knowledge related to the delivery of complex buildings. Construction was the first and is still the dominant sector of the economy where project management is practised. It is also an international endeavour, where the cost and complexity of major buildings is ever increasing. Show more
The combined Masters degree in Construction Practice and Project Management enables students interested in being a construction project manager to gain specialised knowledge related to the delivery of complex buildings. Construction was the first and is still the dominant sector of the economy where project management is practised. It is also an international endeavour, where the cost and complexity of major buildings is ever increasing. Therefore, a combined understanding of the construction process together with the generic principles of successful management of scope, time, cost, risk, human resources, quality, procurement, stakeholders and environmental impact, and their balanced integration, is most valuable. Construction project managers demand salaries at the top of the professional range, and may be involved in commercial, residential, industrial and civil developments, including in the energy and resources sector. Students graduate with a Master of Construction Practice and a Master of Project Management upon completion.This degree is internationally recognised by the Project Management Institute (PMI). Show less
|Mode||On Campus and Remote|
Due to current travel restrictions, this program will temporarily be delivered using a mixture of on-campus, remote and multi-modal classes to support and engage all students, from all parts of the world.
|Duration||6 semesters (2 years)|
|Program type||Masters Coursework|
|Study area||Architecture and Built Environment|
|Credit for prior study||For more details on applying for credit, please contact the Student Business Centre: [email protected]|
You must complete all of the following subjects:
- Understanding Buildings (SSUD71-101)
- Measurement 1 (SSUD71-317)
- Structures and Materials (SDCM71-316)
- Principles of Project Management (SSUD71-103)
- Project Contract Administration (SSUD71-308)
- Building Services (SSUD71-309)
- Commercial Construction and Engineering (SSUD71-313)
- Measurement 2 (SDCM71-310)
- Integrated Measurement and Professional Practice (SDCM71-313)
- Early Estimating and Cost Planning (SSUD71-312)
- Project Finance and Procurement (SSUD71-111)
- Risk Management (SDIM71-201)
- Project Portfolio and Program Management (SSUD71-305)
- Expert Witness and Dispute Resolution (SDCM71-323)
- Research Methods and Data Visualisation (HUMR71-100)
- Research Project(SSUD74-200)
- Project Resource Planning (SSUD71-403)
The below fees are based on the total estimated program fee divided by the number of standard full-time semesters required to complete the program. Fees may vary based on which subjects are selected and the number of subjects enrolled in for each semester.
Semester program fee:
- Students commencing study in 2021: $14,043* per semester average
- Students commencing study in 2022: $14,203* per semester average
Total program fee:
- Students commencing study in 2021: $84,260
- Students commencing study in 2022: $85,220
When considering the fees associated with your studies, keep in mind that Bond’s accelerated schedule means you can finish your degree sooner and be out in the workforce up to a year earlier than most other universities.
This time saving also represents a substantial reduction in accommodation and living costs, plus a full year of extra earnings.
* The fees listed are average costs displayed to provide an indicative program cost only, they may differ to the indicative fee included in the Bond University offer letter due to differences in individual and exact study schedules.
Tuition fees are subject to change on an annual basis and will be charged at the appropriate fee for the year of enrolment.
* Note: for students commencing January 2021 the University has held the 2020 tuition fee amount in recognition of the current circumstances, with 2021 fees effective only from the University’s May 2021 semester.
Academic entry requirements
Completion of an Australian Bachelor degree or equivalent at an approved institution.
Please contact the Office of Future Students for further information.
English language proficiency requirements
As tuition is delivered in English, all students will be required to provide documented evidence of the required level of proficiency in the English language. Read more detailed information on English Language Proficiency Requirements for university study.
Credit for prior study
Subject credits may be awarded for previous studies. To apply for credits, you will need to submit academic transcripts including detailed subject outlines/course descriptions for each relevant subject and/or certified copies of testamurs to the Office of Future Students. Please refer to how to apply for credit for more information
How to apply
Experience project management
Why the world needs more project managers
By 2027, the world will need 88.7 million project managers. PMI projects a potential loss of 27.9 billion US dollars across 11 countries if more skilled project managers do not join the workforce.
Professor Patching explains, the skills of project managers have changed in previous years and Bond’s undergraduate and postgraduate project management degrees are designed to equip graduates with the skills they need for the future role of the project manager.
Read more here.