- Healthcare Innovations
- Faculty of Health Sciences & Medicine
Level 4, Building 5, Faculty of Health Sciences & Medicine, Bond University
Professor Sharon Mickan is the inaugural head of program for Healthcare Innovations, an inter-disciplinary program, run in conjunction with the Institute for Evidence-Based Healthcare and Bond Business School. Sharon will facilitate mid-career professionals who are ready to be health leaders to navigate the research evidence, critically evaluate health systems and practices and implement clinical improvements.
Sharon was previously Professor of Allied Health at Gold Coast Health and Griffith University, where she led a program of research to engage allied health clinicians as research users, participants and leaders. Previously, Sharon was Course Director of the Masters’ in Evidence-Based Health Care at the University of Oxford.
Sharon’s research interests are focussed on translating research evidence, implementing organisational improvement and building clinicians’ research capacity and engagement.
- 2019 Adjunct Professor – Griffith Health, Griffith University
- 2019 Visiting Research Fellow – Gold Coast Health
- 2017 Graduate – Australian Institute of Company Directors
- 2015 Research Advisory Committee Member- Children’s Hospital Foundation, Brisbane
- 2015 Inaugural chair – Mary McConnel Career Boost Mentoring for Women program
- 2014 Visiting Fellow – Kellogg College, Oxford, UK
- 2013 Personal Performance Coach – The Coaching Academy, UK
- 2004 Fellow – Australian College Health Service Management
- Doctor of Philosophy , The University of Queensland, Australia
- Masters of Arts (Education) with distinction, Oxford Brookes University, UK
- Postgraduate Certificate – Teaching in Higher Education, Oxford Brookes University, UK
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy, The University of Queensland, Australia