A professional career in Sports Management you can take around the world
With a Master of Sport Management (Professional) from Bond, not only do you have the opportunity to graduate with real-world experience within a number of Australia's most renowned sporting industries, you'll also step into the next phase of your career by graduating sooner. The program provides students with a foundation in a variety of business practices in the sporting industry, plus the ability to gain a specialisation. Designed for international students, this professional program follows the same structure as the Master of Sports Management program with an additional 20-week Work Integrated Learning component designed to promote and support learning, personal development and professional practice in the Australian sporting business environment. Every student who achieves a GPA of 2.0 by their penultimate semester has the opportunity to complete an internship as part of this program.
- Opportunity to work with numerous local and national sport organisations which grant access to real life opportunities including internships, work experience and research
- Prepares graduates for a range of leadership and management roles in sport
- Access to elite athletes and sporting teams through Bond's membership with the Australian Sport Commission’s Elite Athlete Friendly University Agreement
About the program
The Master of Sport Management (Professional) is taught in English and consists of 165 credit points including 20-week professional component, which is equivalent to 92 weeks of full-time study. The Master of Sport Management (Professional) explores the professional challenges and opportunities for managers in the international sports industry. Show more
The Master of Sport Management (Professional) is taught in English and consists of 165 credit points including 20-week professional component, which is equivalent to 92 weeks of full-time study. The Master of Sport Management (Professional) explores the professional challenges and opportunities for managers in the international sports industry.
This program is designed to enhance the career opportunities of established professionals, as well as assist individuals aspiring to forge a career in this unique sector. It explores the many aspects of sports management from a grassroots level through to elite professional sports organisations and events.
You will focus on managing high-performance sport, business strategies, strategic sports marketing including social media, event and facilities management, finance, law, governance and organisational leadership.
The program will give you access to leading experts in sport, law, business and public relations who possess a wealth of industry experience, including working with elite athletes and consulting to national sporting organisations. Show less
|Program type||Masters Coursework|
|Study area||Business and Commerce, Sport|
|Credit for prior study||For more details on applying for credit, please contact the Student Business Centre: [email protected]|
The Bond University Master of Sport Management (Professional) program is designed to prepare you for a range of leadership and management roles in sport-specific disciplines and has been designed in close consultation with prominent industry professionals to ensure the integrity and contemporary relevance of the degree.
Upon completion of the program, you will be well-positioned to seek employment in a range of settings in the multi-faceted sport industry at local, national and international levels.
You may find employment in the government, community, private and not-for-profit sectors including:
- professional sport teams, leagues and affiliated organisations
- community service organisations
- government sport and recreation services
- local, state and national sport governing bodies
- major event corporations
- sport venue management
- high-performance sport development and player management
- sport advertising, media relations, sponsorship and marketing
- apparel and merchandising companies
- logistics, compliance and financial operations
Master of Sport Management (Professional) students must complete the following eleven (11) subjects:
- ENFB71-600 Entrepreneurship or IBUS71-301 Strategy
- FINC71-600 Managerial Finance
- LAWS77-521 Global Sports Law and Governance
- MGMT71-600 Behaviour in Organisations
- MKTG71-312 Internet and Social Media Marketing
- MKTG71-600 Marketing Fundamentals
- SPMT71-115 International Sport Business
- SPMT71-119 or Sport Management Professional Preparation or SPMT71-201 Evidence-Based Research Project in Sports Management (Program Director Approval required)
- SPMT71-120 Managing Sustainable Sport Events and Venues
- SPMT71-125 Managing High Performance Sport
- STAT71-102 Analysis and Application
Plus Professional subject (students must complete one (1) of the following subjects)
*Please note that the Professional Portfolio or Professional Development subject is a 20-week, 45-credit point subject and is taken in the last semester of the program once all other coursework subjects have been completed. The Career Development Centre will provide assistance in choosing the relevant professional subject prior to your last semester.
- Students may choose one (1) general elective subject.
*General elective – A subject that may be chosen from any subject on offer across the University provided requisites, enrolment restrictions and any other faculty requirements have been met.
Please visit BBS Program Structure and Sequencing for guidance on study plans.
The below fees are based on an average per semester cost, fees may vary based on which subjects are selected and the number of subjects enrolled in for each semester:
- 2020 fees: $13,922 per semester (based on 3 subjects per semester)
Price may vary depending on elective discipline choice.
When considering the fees associated with your studies, keep in mind that Bond’s accelerated schedule means you can finish your degree sooner and be out in the workforce up to a year earlier than if you went to another university.
This time saving also represents a substantial reduction in accommodation and living costs, plus a full year of extra earnings.
Academic entry requirements
Successful completion of a Bachelor degree in a discipline related to the diverse areas of sport management including management, business, marketing, finance, accounting, law, public relations, exercise and sports science.
English language proficiency requirements
As tuition is delivered in English, all students will be required to provide documented evidence of the required level of proficiency in the English language. Read more detailed information on English Language Proficiency Requirements for university study.
Credit for prior study
Subject credits may be awarded for previous studies. To apply for credits, you will need to submit academic transcripts including detailed subject outlines/course descriptions for each relevant subject and/or certified copies of testamurs to the Office of Future Students. Please refer to how to apply for credit for more information