Gain your international advantage by combining Sport Management and Project Management
The September semester for this program will be delivered in a multi-modal format, with classes designed to support and engage all learners. Whether they’re on campus or abroad, all students will be able to access Bond’s exceptional and personalised learning experience through dynamic and interactive lectures, tutorials, seminars, workshops and lab sessions.
The combined degree of Master of Sport Management/Master of Project Management is designed to equip students with the expertise in planning, implementation and management of sporting projects and programs.
Students learn to integrate project management with sport management, leading to more strategic positions in their organisation by overseeing new initiatives involving the management of scope, time, cost and risk.
The Master of Project Management is accredited by RICS, PMI and AIPM.
Graduate with two Master's degrees, in just two years.
The double degree program is designed to enhance the career opportunities of professionals already in the sporting or project management industry, as well as assist individuals aspiring to develop a career in this unique sector.
- Complete two Masters degrees, in two years
- Various subjects include industry-based assessment activities that are delivered in conjunction with industry
- Learn via a combination of lectures, tutorials, seminars, workshops, case studies, field trips, examinations, presentations, internship and industry projects.
About the program
The Master of Sport Management / Master of Project Management has been designed to equip students with the expertise in the planning, implementation and management of sporting projects and programs. The combination degree explores the professional challenges and opportunities for managers in the complex international sporting landscape from a grassroots level to elite professional sports organisations and events. Show more
The Master of Sport Management / Master of Project Management has been designed to equip students with the expertise in the planning, implementation and management of sporting projects and programs. The combination degree explores the professional challenges and opportunities for managers in the complex international sporting landscape from a grassroots level to elite professional sports organisations and events. The addition of project management skills enables graduates to access more strategic positions in their organisations and to be responsible for overseeing new initiatives involving the management of scope, time, cost and risk. The program is designed to enhance the career opportunities of established professionals, as well as assist individuals aspiring to develop a career in this unique sector. Show less
|Mode||On Campus and Remote|
Due to current travel restrictions, this program will temporarily be delivered using a mixture of on-campus, remote and multi-modal classes to support and engage all students, from all parts of the world.
|Duration||6 semesters (2 years)|
|Program type||Masters Coursework|
|Study area||Business and Commerce|
|Credit for prior study||For more details on applying for credit, please contact the Student Business Centre: [email protected]|
The Master of Sports Management / Master of Project Management program comprises 17 subjects, as follows:
Required subjects (16)
- FINC71-600 Managerial Finance
- HRTM71-209 Event Management
- LAWS77-521 Global Sports Law and Governance
- MGMT71-104 Managing People
- MGMT71-311 Managing Strategic Change
- MKTG71-600 Marketing Fundamentals
- SDCM71-323 Expert Witness and Dispute Resolution
- SDIM71-201 Risk Management
- SPMT71-124 International Sport Business
- SPMT71-125 Managing High Performance Sport
- SSUD71-103 Principles of Project Management
- SSUD71-111 Project Finance and Procurement
- SSUD71-305 Project Portfolio and Program Management
- SSUD71-403 Project Resource Planning
- SSUD74-200 Research Project (20cp)
- STAT71-102 Analysis and Application
- Students can choose 10 Credit Points of General Elective Subjects (10cp).
- General elective – A subject that may be chosen from any subject on offer across the University provided requisites, enrolment restrictions and any other faculty requirements have been met.
Students may also choose one of the following opportunities to use your elective subject to have international experiences or an Internship opportunity provided you meet the requirements. Please discuss with the Enrolment Advisor in the Student Business Centre.
- The Study Tour requires approval from the Faculty. (Please note that additional costs and visa requirements are associated with this subject).
- The Internship requires a 2.0 GPA and approval from the Faculty with an application to the Career Development Centre.
- The Individual Study Topic is only available in exceptional circumstances and requires the Program Director's approval.
Please visit BBS Program Structure and Sequencing for guidance on study plans.
The below fees are based on an average per semester cost, fees may vary based on which subjects are selected and the number of subjects enrolled in for each semester:
- 2020 fees: $14,740 per semester (based on 3 subjects per semester)
- 2021 fees: $15,434 per semester (based on 3 subjects per semester)
Price may vary depending on elective discipline choice.
When considering the fees associated with your studies, keep in mind that Bond’s accelerated schedule means you can finish your degree sooner and be out in the workforce up to a year earlier than if you went to another university.
This time saving also represents a substantial reduction in accommodation and living costs, plus a full year of extra earnings.
Academic entry requirements
Successful completion of a Bachelor degree in a discipline related to the diverse areas of project management or sport management including management, business, marketing, finance, accounting, law, public relations, exercise and sports science.
English language proficiency requirements
As tuition is delivered in English, all students will be required to provide documented evidence of the required level of proficiency in the English language. Read more detailed information on English Language Proficiency Requirements for university study.
Credit for prior study
Subject credits may be awarded for previous studies. To apply for credits, you will need to submit academic transcripts including detailed subject outlines/course descriptions for each relevant subject and/or certified copies of testamurs to the Office of Future Students. Please refer to how to apply for credit for more information