Prepare for the future of innovation, machine learning and AI
The September semester for this program will be delivered in a multi-modal format with a mixture of on-campus, mixed mode and remote classes. All students will be able to access Bond’s exceptional, personalised learning experience regardless of their location. For students who are able to attend campus, we are working toward the resumption of face-to-face classes especially for small group instruction such as tutorials, seminars, workshops and lab sessions.
In a global marketplace built on data collection, targeted communication strategies, machine learning and artificial intelligence, it’s not enough to gather information and crunch the numbers; you have to know how to apply that data to real-life scenarios in a way that will impact behaviour. That’s what makes Bond University’s Master of Business Data Analytics so unique: First you learn the technical skills, including R and Python languages most commonly used in the development of data programming; then you focus on the practical application, based on actual business problems in a range of industry sectors such as health, marketing and finance. In Bond’s trademark small classes, you’ll be mentored by Australia’s leading economists, statisticians, financial analysts and mathematicians with immediate access to the very latest technologies in the Centre for Actuarial and Financial Big Data Analytics. Working in tandem with Bond Business School’s specialists in entrepreneurship, management and marketing, they’ll prepare you for a rewarding career, tailored to the future.
The Future Of Work: Occupation and Education Trends 2018 Report by Deloitte Access Economics shows:
- The number of data science workers in Australia will increase by 2.4% annually
- 76% of businesses are planning to increase investment in analytics capabilities over the next two years
- Australian data scientists who have completed postgraduate study will have an average annual income of $130,176 in 2021-22
- Further study in this area can build core technical competencies for individuals currently employed in other areas to pivot towards data-related roles, new career opportunities and accelerated progression to senior roles
- The growing demand for data science skills is due to organisations realising the benefits they can gain from analysing big data, particularly in applications of data mining, machine learning and other techniques across many industries
- The proliferation of new and existing technology platforms including augmented and virtual reality has contributed to this growth in big data.
Meet Professor of Data Science Steven Stern
About the program
Data Analytics has become one of the highest growth areas of academic and commercial practice. With applications in nearly all aspects of quantitative endeavours and information management, a skillset in analytics, statistical and machine learning is highly valued and sought after. The Master of Business Data Analytics is delivered via smaller classes providing personalised support and unparalleled access to Bond University's Bond Fin Tech Hub and Bloomberg data-sourcing terminals. Show more
Data Analytics has become one of the highest growth areas of academic and commercial practice. With applications in nearly all aspects of quantitative endeavours and information management, a skillset in analytics, statistical and machine learning is highly valued and sought after. The Master of Business Data Analytics is delivered via smaller classes providing personalised support and unparalleled access to Bond University's Bond Fin Tech Hub and Bloomberg data-sourcing terminals. Focus within this program is on strategically sound recommendations and data-driven business decisions. Show less
|Mode||On Campus and Remote|
Due to current travel restrictions, this program will temporarily be delivered using a mixture of on-campus, remote and multi-modal classes to support and engage all students, from all parts of the world.
|Duration||4 semesters (1 year 4 months)|
|Program type||Masters Coursework|
|Study area||Business and Commerce|
|Credit for prior study||For more details on applying for credit, please contact the Student Business Centre: [email protected]|
Master of Business Data Analytics program comprises 12 subjects, as follows:
Required subjects (6)
- DTSC71-100 Business Analytics Coding
- DTSC71-200 Data Science
- DTSC71-300 Big Data Infrastructure
- DTSC71-301 Machine Learning in Business
- DTSC71-302 Statistical Learning and Regression Models
- ECON71-200 Econometrics
Analytic subjects (4)
Students must take 40 Credit Points of subjects from the Analytics choice of Subjects.
- ACSC71-307 Survival Analysis
- DTSC71-104 Health Analytics and Data Management
- DTSC71-303 Big Data Analytics Case Studies
- DTSC71-304 Advanced Big Data Projects
- DTSC71-305 Financial Trading Systems
- DTSC71-306 Advanced Machine Learning in Business
- DTSC71-307 Advanced Statistical Learning Models
- ECON71-300 Advanced Econometrics
- FINC71-302 Finance Applications and Analysis
- MKTG71-602 Market Research
Business subjects (1)
Students must take 10 Credit Points of subjects from the Business choice of Subjects.
- ACCT71-600 Accounting Principles
- ECON71-600 Economics for Business
- FINC71-600 Managerial Finance
- MKTG71-600 Marketing Fundamentals
- Students can choose up to 10 Credit Points of General Elective Subjects (10cp).
- General elective – A subject that may be chosen from any subject on offer across the University provided requisites, enrolment restrictions and any other faculty requirements have been met.
Students may also choose one of the following opportunities to use your elective subject to have international experiences or an Internship opportunity provided you meet the requirements. Please discuss with the Enrolment Advisor in the Student Business Centre.
- The Study Tour requires approval from the Faculty. (Please note that additional costs and visa requirements are associated with this subject).
- The Internship requires a GPA credit average and requires approval from the Faculty with an application to the Career Development Centre.
- The Individual Study Topic is only available in exceptional circumstances and requires the Program Director's approval.
Please visit BBS Program Structure and Sequencing for guidance on study plans.
The below fees are based on the total estimated program fee divided by the number of standard full-time semesters required to complete the program. Fees may vary based on which subjects are selected and the number of subjects enrolled in for each semester.
Semester program fee:
- Students commencing study in 2021: $16,815* per semester average
Total program fee:
- Students commencing study in 2021: $67,260
When considering the fees associated with your studies, keep in mind that Bond’s accelerated schedule means you can finish your degree sooner and be out in the workforce up to a year earlier than most other universities.
This time saving also represents a substantial reduction in accommodation and living costs, plus a full year of extra earnings.
* The fees listed are average costs displayed to provide an indicative program cost only, they may differ to the indicative fee included in the Bond University offer letter due to differences in individual and exact study schedules.
Tuition fees are subject to change on an annual basis and will be charged at the appropriate fee for the year of enrolment.
* Note: for students commencing January 2021 the University has held the 2020 tuition fee amount in recognition of the current circumstances, with 2021 fees effective only from the University’s May 2021 semester.
Academic entry requirements
Entry into the Master of Business Data Analytics requires the completion of an undergraduate degree or equivalent in any business discipline. If previous bachelor degree is not related to business, we recommend you first complete the 4 subject Graduate Certificate of Business which can then be credited into the full Master of Business Data Analytics.
Please contact the Office of Future Students for further information.
English language proficiency requirements
As tuition is delivered in English, all students will be required to provide documented evidence of the required level of proficiency in the English language. Read more detailed information on English Language Proficiency Requirements for university study.
Credit for prior study
Subject credits may be awarded for previous studies. To apply for credits, you will need to submit academic transcripts including detailed subject outlines/course descriptions for each relevant subject and/or certified copies of testamurs to the Office of Future Students. Please refer to how to apply for credit for more information
How to apply
A Master of Business Data Analytics is a quantitative program combining elements of statistics, computing, big data and machine learning which can be applied in a range of industry sectors including, but not limited to:
- Finance and Accounting
- Mining, Oil and Gas
In today’s commercial industries, data analytic skills are highly sought after as it enables organisations to make more informed business decisions.
Our graduates are highly sought after upon graduation and employment opportunities include working in organisation as a:
- Business Analyst
- Data Scientist
- Data Analyst
- Statistics consultant / Data Analytics Consultant
- Data Mining Engineer
- Data architect
High achieving students will be encouraged to complete their Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) with Bond’s Centre for Actuarial and Financial Big Data Analytics.
Bond Business School is among less than 7% of the world’s 13,000 business programs to have earned accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and less than 2% have earned European Foundation for Management Development's (EFMD) European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS) accreditation. Bond Business School is both AACSB and EQUIS accredited placing us in the top 2% of Business Schools in the world.
Bond Business School is also 1 of 4 universities in Australia who are members of the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC), a tangible statement of the significant contribution our programs make to graduate management education.
As a graduate of Bond’s Master of Business Data Analytics, you will have a competitive edge in your career. Employer satisfaction with graduates from Bond University has been rated highest in Australia for two years in a row, according to the 2019 Employer Satisfaction Survey published by the Department of Education and Training.