|Faculty:||Faculty of Society and Design|
Expanding on the creative practice production techniques and theories acquired in previous FITV subjects, this subject develops higher level skills in advanced cinematic storytelling. Beginning with a targeted focus on cinematic language via advanced editing techniques, the principles, and methodologies of a story-centric approach to cinematic storytelling are developed to improve students command of visual narrative literacy.
- Analyse creative interpretations based on the principles and concepts of advanced visual narrative literacy.
- Demonstrate expertise in the application of higher-level editing approaches and techniques to dramatic scenes.
- Evaluate advanced cinematic storytelling techniques.
- Analyse the utilisation and significance of 'moments' in the construction of narrative films.
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
Assumed Prior Learning (or equivalent):
This subject is not available to
- May 2023 [Standard - Standard [May 2023]]
- September 2022 [Standard - Standard [September 2022]]
- May 2022 [Standard - Standard [May 2022]]
- May 2021 [Standard - Standard [May 2021]]
- September 2020 [Standard - Standard [September 2020]]
- May 2020 [Standard - Standard [May 2020]]
- September 2019 [Standard - Standard [September 2019]]
- May 2019 [Standard - Standard [May 2019]]
- September 2018 [Standard - Standard [September 2018]]
- May 2018 [Standard - Standard [May 2018]]
- September 2017 [Standard - Standard [September 2017]]
- May 2017 [Standard - Standard [May 2017]]
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 19/03/2023 Semester start: 15/05/2023 Subject start: 15/05/2023 Cancellation 1: 29/05/2023 Cancellation 2: 05/06/2023 Last enrolment: 28/05/2023 Withdraw - Financial: 10/06/2023 Withdraw - Academic: 01/07/2023 Teaching census: 09/06/2023
|Withdraw - Financial:||10/06/2023|
|Withdraw - Academic:||01/07/2023|