This highly-practical, workshop-based subject introduces students to professional digital cinematography cameras, with PL mounted lenses, and modern lighting equipment. Students analyse cinematic composition and lighting design across a range of genres, and undertake various assignments that develop their essential skills for creatively producing professional images.
|Faculty||Faculty of Society & Design|
1. Operate digital cameras, tripods, lenses and filters effectively in a safe and artistic manner.
2. Operate a clapperboard and record details of scenes on camera report sheets in accordance with accepted film industry practices.
3. Identify a range of lighting equipment, types of lanterns and lighting accessories and their requirements in a variety of situations.
4. Employ the principles of cinematography - focus, composition, framing, continuity, coverage, colour, balance, exposure and lighting consistency to complete a short film and workshop exercises.
5. Light a subject and/or subjects under a variety of lighting conditions and film genres.
|Standard Offering - On-Campus Delivery Only|
|Withdraw – Financial?||10/10/2020|
|Withdraw – Academic?||31/10/2020|
|Withdraw – Financial?||12/06/2021|
|Withdraw – Academic?||03/07/2021|