Bond University AFL
Bond University AFL
The Bond University Bull Sharks AFL program provides students and players with a high-performance platform designed to maximise their potential.
With senior staff boasting over 600 AFL games as players and close to 50 years combined experience in AFL coaching and high-performance roles within our football department and state of the art professional facilities, Bond University AFL is an elite sports environment.
Since inception, Bond’s women’s program has produced more AFLW players than any other club in the country.
- QAFLW Seniors and Reserves
- QFA Div 2 Seniors and Reserves
- Bond University AFL is one of just two Gold Coast clubs that compete in the QAFLW State League
Meet our coaches
Director of AFL and QAFLW Senior Coach - Andy Lovell
- 164 AFL games at Melbourne and West Coast Eagles
- Gold Coast Suns Senior Assistant coach
- St Kilda and Geelong Midfield coach.
- CEO Barwon Sports Academy
Lead Strength and Conditioning and Specialist Skills Coach - Matthew Kennedy
- 188 AFL games at Brisbane Bears and Lions
- Head Strength and Conditioning coach Brisbane Lions
- Rehabilitation coach – Strength and Conditioning coach Gold Coast Suns
- Qld U 18s Strength and Conditioning coach and assistant coach
Player Development Manager and Specialist Coach – Shaun Hart
- 273 AFL games at Brisbane Bears and Lions.
- 3 X AFL Premiership player. 2001 Norm Smith medallist.
- Port Adelaide FC Coaching Director.
- Gold Coast Suns Head of Personal Excellence
- QLD U17 Assistant Coach
Become a member
Show your support by becoming a 2023 Member
Memberships cost $55 and benefits include:
- Bond University Bull Sharks cap.
- Bond Bull Sharks stubby cooler.
- Bond University Sport lanyard.
- Membership card with 20% discount on hospitality at all home matches.
The Bond University Football Club is a unique united community featuring an authentic and much revered club culture, accounting for the high levels of success achieved thus far.
The club has seen great success within its short history winning the following premierships:
- 2014 Men's Seniors - QFAF (B) South
- 2015 Men's Seniors - QAFA (A)
- 2017 Women's Seniors - QWFA Division 1
- 2019 Women's Reserves - QAFLW Development
- 2019 Men's Seniors - QFA Division 2
- 2021 - Women's Reserves - QAFLW Development