The Property and Construction industries play an important role in the creation and transformation of our built environments. In this subject, students are introduced to the processes involved in property development and construction projects and the roles and responsibilities of, and relationships between the various professionals and other industry stakeholders. Through the exploration of 2D drawings, 3D models and physical buildings, students gain an understanding of the history and current practices of design, engineering and construction. Interaction with industry partners provides a contemporary view of relevant issues such as the application of technologies in the industry and the introduction of other innovative practices.
|Faculty||Bond University College|
1. Demonstrate an understanding of the historical development of the built environment and how that has influenced contemporary developments.
2. Demonstrate the ability to read and interpret project drawings.
3. Produce hand drawn plans and elevations of a simple building.
4. Outline the structure and operation of the industries associated with the built environment.
5. Articulate the main stakeholders in the property and construction industries and their roles and responsibilities.
Must be admitted into a Bond College Diploma Program.
This subject is not available as a general elective. To be eligible for enrolment, the subject must be specified in the students’ program structure.
|Withdraw – Financial?||20/06/2020|
|Withdraw – Academic?||11/07/2020|
|Withdraw – Financial?||10/10/2020|
|Withdraw – Academic?||31/10/2020|