Take your business career further at Bond
The upcoming semester for this program will be delivered in a multi-modal format, with classes designed to support and engage all learners. Whether they’re on campus or abroad, all students will be able to access Bond’s exceptional and personalised learning experience through dynamic and interactive lectures, tutorials, seminars, workshops and lab sessions.
In today’s fast paced, dynamic and highly competitive business arena, organisations require innovative, resourceful and ambitious professionals to get the job done. Stand out from the crowd with a Master of Accounting/Master of Business Administration.
Bond's MBA has been redesigned to provide students with key functional knowledge, focused expertise and greater flexibility. The program utilises three pillars of innovation, data analytics, and business transformation to develop global leaders who think critically, creatively and strategically.
In combination with the Master of Accounting, you will receive the tools required to understand the drivers of success and can greatly enhance the accounting decisions made by upper management through the information they generate and interpret. This combined program offers both a firm academic grounding and a hands-on appreciation of the industry, so you are ready to use your new skills from day one.
What our students say
- Redesigned to be flexible, intensive and get you into the workplace quicker.
- Diverse MBA cohort with over 20 nationalities represented, providing you with cross-cultural experiences while you study and rich global network afterwards.
- We are with you every step of the way with our ‘Bond Business Mentoring Program’
About the program
The Master of Accounting (MAcc) program is a specialist program for people interested in pursuing a professional accounting qualification. This course incorporates the traditional Master of Accounting program and is designed to provide an opportunity for students with undergraduate training in other fields to gain a professional accounting qualification. Show more
The Master of Accounting (MAcc) program is a specialist program for people interested in pursuing a professional accounting qualification. This course incorporates the traditional Master of Accounting program and is designed to provide an opportunity for students with undergraduate training in other fields to gain a professional accounting qualification. The course covers introductory as well as advanced units in financial and management accounting, economics, finance, tax and business law, security appraisal and valuation and auditing. The MAcc offers a firm academic grounding in the accounting discipline and offers a hands-on appreciation of the accounting industry. The program is a powerful amalgam of foundational accounting skills, decision-making, leadership and financial literacy. The course is designed to help develop a student's ability to advise businesses on financial issues. The classes combine theoretical knowledge in accounting with practical insights delivered through case studies, guest lectures and work-integrated learning. Team building is encouraged through group projects and communication skills are enhanced through class presentations. The Bond MBA is a generalist management program. Designed to blend industry-relevant research with practical applications and challenges, the intended learning outcomes are centred on the three pillars of leadership, global business and entrepreneurship, developing graduates who can think critically and strategically in this context. The program is designed to provide graduates with the core underlying technical skills that inform effective decision making, framed around the development of the interpersonal, cross-cultural and communication skills that are required to lead in the implementation of these decisions. Show less
|Mode||On Campus and Remote|
Due to current travel restrictions, this program will temporarily be delivered using a mixture of on-campus, remote and multi-modal classes to support and engage all students, from all parts of the world.
|Duration||6 semesters (2 years)|
|Program type||Masters Coursework|
|Study area||Business and Commerce|
|Credit for prior study||For more details on applying for credit, please contact the Student Business Centre: [email protected]|
The Master of Accounting/Master of Business Administration program comprises 22 subjects, as follows:
Required subjects (8 x 5cp)
- BMBA70-810 Individuals, Sessions and Leadership
- BMBA70-820 Interpersonal Dynamics
- BMBA70-830 Effective Decision Making
- BMBA70-840 Motivation and Organisation
- BMBA70-850 Managerial Economics
- BMBA70-860 Marketing for Managers
- BMBA70-870 Accounting for Managers
- BMBA70-880 Financial Decision Making
Required subjects (14 x 10cp)
- ACCT71-111 Accounting Information Systems
- ACCT71-301 Financial Accounting & Reporting
- ACCT71-303: Advanced Financial Accounting & Reporting
- ACCT71-305 Auditing
- ACCT71-308 Taxation Practice for Accountants
- ACCT71-511 Security Appraisal and Valuation
- ACCT71-600 Accounting Principles
- ACCT71-606 Management Accounting and Strategy
- BMBA71-301 Data Analytics for Decision Making
- BMBA71-302 Strategic Insight
- BMBA71-303 MBA Capstone
- FINC71-600 Managerial Finance
- LAWS71-100 Business Law
- MGMT71-326 Project Innovation and Change
Please visit BBS Program Structure and Sequencing for guidance on study plans.
The below fees are based on the total estimated program fee divided by the number of standard full-time semesters required to complete the program. Fees may vary based on which subjects are selected and the number of subjects enrolled in for each semester.
Semester program fee:
- Students commencing study in 2021: $15,493* per semester average
Total program fee:
- Students commencing study in 2021: $92,960
When considering the fees associated with your studies, keep in mind that Bond’s accelerated schedule means you can finish your degree sooner and be out in the workforce up to a year earlier than most other universities.
This time saving also represents a substantial reduction in accommodation and living costs, plus a full year of extra earnings.
* The fees listed are average costs displayed to provide an indicative program cost only, they may differ to the indicative fee included in the Bond University offer letter due to differences in individual and exact study schedules.
Tuition fees are subject to change on an annual basis and will be charged at the appropriate fee for the year of enrolment.
* Note: for students commencing January 2021 the University has held the 2020 tuition fee amount in recognition of the current circumstances, with 2021 fees effective only from the University’s May 2021 semester.
We focus on creating a complementary cohort of MBA students drawn from diverse backgrounds and cultures. You will need to demonstrate strong academic achievement as well as the potential and motivation to assume global leadership roles. Each application is assessed on an individual basis. Entry into the MBA requires the following:
- Minimum three years’ work experience
- Quality undergraduate degree from a recognised institution.
- Cover letter detailing your career goals, future ambitions and experience.
- Two professional referee reports.
- Interview with the program director may be required.
Master of Accounting applicants must have completed an undergraduate degree or postgraduate degree in any discipline other than accounting, or hold a non-degree professional accounting qualification with at least five years’ work experience. Applicants without a recognised prior qualification will be required to undertake a further four units of coursework. The additional four units constitute a Graduate Certificate of Business.
Completion of an Australian Bachelor degree or equivalent in a field cognate to the proposed degree.
Please contact the Office of Future Students for further information.
English language proficiency requirements
As tuition is delivered in English, all students will be required to provide documented evidence of the required level of proficiency in the English language. Read more detailed information on English language proficiency requirements for university study.
Credit for prior study
Subject credits may be awarded for previous studies. To apply for credits, you will need to submit academic transcripts including detailed subject outlines/course descriptions for each relevant subject and/or certified copies of testamurs to the Office of Future Students. Please refer to how to apply for credit for more information
How to apply
Accounting and financial literacy skills are needed by every business in the world. It is a globally recognised profession with a broad range of roles, often leading to careers in senior management. Master of Accounting graduates are eligible for employment in professional accounting practices (public accounting or chartered accountants), corporations, the public sector and not-for-profit organisations. The degree is also useful to managers who are exposed to accounting on a day-to-day basis.
It is recommended that you become an affiliate of a professional body such as CPA Australia or Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand (CAANZ). These groups provide valuable opportunities to network with other professionals in the industry.