Discover a career in business in Australia
The September semester for this program will be delivered in a multi-modal format, with classes designed to support and engage all learners. Whether they're on campus or abroad, all students will be able to access Bond's exceptional and personalised learning experience through dynamic and interactive lectures, tutorials, seminars, workshops and lab sessions.
This program is not recommended for domestic students. Please see Bachelor of Business.
Designed for international students who wish to study via a two semester model and spread out their degree to allow time to travel, work or take a break, this three year means you will study during the January and September semesters of each year only and can complete the Bachelor of Business degree over three years rather than the usual two.
The unique design of the Bachelor of Business (3 Year Program) provides a comprehensive, multidisciplinary foundation in the fundamentals of business that culminates with an innovative two-subject sequence in which students apply what they have learned and develop their entrepreneurial, leadership and teamwork skills by designing and running an actual business. Enrolment in the Bachelor of Business (3 Year Program) also includes access to the Bond Business Commercialisation Centre and the Bond Business Accelerator that collectively offer a broad array of tools, networking opportunities, mentoring by industry and academic experts and other resources to encourage and support those students interested in furthering their entrepreneurial development.
Take your idea from the classroom to the boardroom
- Meet the right people at Bond Business School’s networking events, speaker series, pitch nights, demo days and more.
- Smaller classes and personal mentoring – learn in groups of around 20 to 30, delivering more interaction and more support.
- Bond Business degrees are internationally recognised and accredited worldwide.
About the program
Designed for students who wish to study via a two-semester model, this three-year program means you will study during the January and September semesters of each year only and will complete the degree over three years rather than the usual two. The Bachelor of Business prepares students for a variety of possible career paths by offering a broad range of study options. Show more
Designed for students who wish to study via a two-semester model, this three-year program means you will study during the January and September semesters of each year only and will complete the degree over three years rather than the usual two. The Bachelor of Business prepares students for a variety of possible career paths by offering a broad range of study options. These options include Entrepreneurship and Innovation, International Business, Management, Marketing, Marketing Communication and Tourism Management. All students complete a major from one of these options, but may also choose to add a second major, a minor, or create a tailored set of subjects from across the university to complete their degree. Students are encouraged to complete an internship, take up study abroad opportunities or a study tour to further augment this highly experiential program. Show less
|Mode||On Campus and Remote|
Due to current travel restrictions, this program will temporarily be delivered using a mixture of on-campus, remote and multi-modal classes to support and engage all students, from all parts of the world.
|Duration||6 semesters (3 years)|
|Program type||Bachelors Degree|
|Study area||Business and Commerce|
|Credit for prior study||For more details on applying for credit, please contact the Student Business Centre: [email protected]|
The Bachelor of Business (3 Year Program) program comprises 24 subjects, as follows:
University core subjects (3)
- CORE11-001 Critical Thinking and Communication
- CORE11-002 Collaboration, Teams and Leadership
- CORE11-003 Responsibility, Integrity and Civic Discourse
Required subjects (9)
- ACCT11-100 Accounting for Decision Making
- BUSN13-331 Business Model Generation
- BUSN13-332 Business Model Execution
- ECON11-100 Principles of Economics
- FINC12-200 Fundamentals of Finance
- LAWS10-100 Business Law
- MGMT13-305 Human Resource Management
- MKTG11-100 Marketing
- Alternate Choice: You must complete one of the following two subjects:
Business Major (6)
Students must select 1 major from the following list. Business majors.
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- International Business
- Marketing communication
- Tourism Management
Students can choose up to 60 Credit Points of General Elective Subjects (60cp).
- General elective – A subject that may be chosen from any subject on offer across the University provided requisites, enrolment restrictions and any other faculty requirements have been met.
You are also encouraged to complete a second major or minor to diversify your skills and enhance your employability
- Any major from the Bond Business School is available for a second major. Please note, when choosing a second major, that due to the structure of some majors a full sequence of subjects cannot be provided for full accreditation. i.e Accounting and Actuarial Science. Please discuss with the Enrolment Advisor in the Student Business Centre if uncertain of choices.
- A minor is a set of subjects that are sufficient to establish proficiency in a discipline without having to take all of the subjects that a major would take. All minors in the Bond Business School are available to Bachelor of Business, Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Actuarial Science students.
A list of Majors and Minors is available here
Please visit BBS Program Structure and Sequencing for guidance on study plans
Students may also choose one of the following opportunities to use one or more of your elective subjects or part of a Major to have international experiences or an Internship opportunity provided you meet the requirements. Please discuss with the Enrolment Advisor in the Student Business Centre.
- Study Tour
The Study Tour requires approval from the Faculty. (Please note that Additional Costs are associated with this subject).
- Business Internship
The Internship requires a 2.0 GPA and approval from the Faculty with an application to the Career Development Centre.
- Individual Study Topic
The Individual Study Topic is only available in exceptional circumstances and requires Program Director's approval.
The following opportunities are also available to Bond Business School students.
- BUSN13-730: Business School International Semester
Students will be undertaking study at approved overseas institutes offering an international internship experience program, facilitating both academic study courses and practical industry internship placement
- Bond International Exchange Program
Current Bond students have the opportunity to study at one of 80+ leading universities in our network of exclusive international partnerships, for one or two semesters.
Important note for first semester students
You will be registered in the Bond Business Mentoring Program, designed for all new undergraduate students. Please be advised that the first gathering is scheduled during the Bond Business School orientation. If you require further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The below fees are based on an average per semester cost, fees may vary based on which subjects are selected and the number of subjects enrolled in for each semester:
- 2020 fees: $17,360 per semester (based on 4 subjects per semester)
- 2021 fees: $17,560 per semester (based on 4 subjects per semester)
When considering the fees associated with your studies, keep in mind that Bond’s accelerated schedule means you can finish your degree sooner and be out in the workforce up to a year earlier than if you went to another university.
This time saving also represents a substantial reduction in accommodation and living costs, plus a full year of extra earnings.
Applicants with recent secondary education (within the past two years)
Entry score for 2021 entry
|Min ATAR||Min OP||Min IB|
Visit our student profile if you are interested in the profile of all students who commenced undergraduate study at the Faculty in the January semester 2020.
Applicants must meet the University's general minimum admission criteria.
International Secondary School students
For more information for International Students, including the International Baccalaureate, please go to the International Secondary School equivalency page.
Alternative entry pathways
For those applicants who do not currently have the required academic qualifications, there are a number of alternative entry pathways:
- Bond University Tertiary Preparation programs
- Bond University Diploma programs
- Other institutional Tertiary Preparation Programs
- Vocational education and training qualifications (Certificate IV and above)
- Prior higher education experience (at this university or another)
- Special Tertiary Admissions Test (STAT)
- Professional or para-professional qualifications/experience
- Employment experience verified by a statement of service from the employer stating the position title and length of service and a very brief statement on the tasks undertaken.
For more information on what is required please visit our how to apply page.
English language proficiency requirements
As tuition is delivered in English, all students will be required to provide documented evidence of the required level of proficiency in the English language. Read more detailed information on English language proficiency requirements for university study.
Credit for prior study
Subject credits may be awarded for previous studies. To apply for credits, you will need to submit academic transcripts including detailed subject outlines/course descriptions for each relevant subject and/or certified copies of testamurs to the Office of Future Students. Please refer to how to apply for credit for more information
How to apply
The Bachelor of Business (3 Year Program) is a broad-based qualification accepted nationally and internationally by leading employers in a wide range of corporate disciplines. Graduates often attain roles in:
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Public Relations