Learn R and Python programming languages
The professional program follows the same structure as the Master of Business Data Analytics with an additional 20-week Professional Portfolio component. Professional Portfolio is a 45 credit point subject designed to promote and support learning, personal development and professional practice. The subject focuses on developing self-analysis and reflective learning skills, and applying theoretical solutions for practical workplace problems. Students who have successfully completed cognate undergraduate programs may be eligible for advanced standing of up to 40 credit points towards the Master of Business Data Analytics (Professional) program.
The Future Of Work: Occupation and Education Trends 2018 Report by Deloitte Access Economics shows:
- The number of data science workers in Australia will increase by 2.4% annually
- 76% of businesses are planning to increase investment in analytics capabilities over the next two years
- Australian data scientists who have completed postgraduate study will have an average annual income of $130,176 in 2021-22
- Further study in this area can build core technical competencies for individuals currently employed in other areas to pivot towards data-related roles, new career opportunities and accelerated progression to senior roles
- The growing demand for data science skills is due to organisations realising the benefits they can gain from analysing big data, particularly in applications of data mining, machine learning and other techniques across many industries
- The proliferation of new and existing technology platforms including augmented and virtual reality has contributed to this growth in big data
Meet Professor of Data Science Steven Stern
- No prior experience in analytics or programming is required
- Learn technical skills, including R and Python languages most commonly used in the development of data programming
- Focus on the practical application, based on actual business problems in a range of industry sectors such as health, marketing and finance
- Gain immediate access to the very latest technologies in the Centre for Actuarial and Financial Big Data Analytics
About the program
Data Analytics has become one of the highest growth areas of academic and commercial practice. With applications in nearly all aspects of quantitative endeavours and information management, a skillset in analytics, statistical and machine learning is highly valued and sought after. The Master of Business Data Analytics (Professional) provides a platform to directly interface with industry leaders and develop both technical and organisational expertise. Show more
Data Analytics has become one of the highest growth areas of academic and commercial practice. With applications in nearly all aspects of quantitative endeavours and information management, a skillset in analytics, statistical and machine learning is highly valued and sought after. The Master of Business Data Analytics (Professional) provides a platform to directly interface with industry leaders and develop both technical and organisational expertise. Class sizes are smaller, providing personalised support and unparalleled access to Bond University's Bond Fin Tech Hub and Bloomberg data-sourcing terminals. Focus within this program is on strategically sound recommendations and data-driven business decisions. Show less
|Program type||Masters Coursework|
|Study area||Business and Commerce|
|Credit for prior study||For more details on applying for credit, please contact the Student Business Centre: [email protected]|
Master of Business Data Analytics (Professional) students must complete the following seven (7) subjects:
- ECON71-200 Econometrics
- INFT71-122 Business Analytics Coding
- INFT71-216 Data Science
- INFT71-223 Machine Learning in Business
- INFT71-326 Statistical Learning and Regression Models
- INFT71-327 Advanced Big Data Projects and Case Study
- STAT71-112 Quantitative Methods
Plus two (2) directed Business options from the list below:
Plus three (3) directed Analytic options from the list below:
- ACSC71-200 Mathematical Statistics
- ACSC71-304 Stochastic Modelling
- BUSN73-403 Advanced Econometrics
- FINC71-302 Finance Applications and Analysis
- INFT73-361 Financial Trading Systems
Plus Professional subject (students must complete one (1) of the following subjects)
*Please note that the Professional Portfolio or Professional Development subject is a 20-week, 45-credit point subject and is taken in the last semester of the program once all other coursework subjects have been completed. The Career Development Centre will provide assistance in choosing the relevant professional subject prior to your last semester.
Please visit BBS Program Structure and Sequencing for guidance on study plans:
The below fees are based on an average per semester cost, fees may vary based on which subjects are selected and the number of subjects enrolled in for each semester:
- 2020 fees: $13,810 per semester (based on 3 subjects per semester)
Price may vary depending on elective discipline choice.
When considering the fees associated with your studies, keep in mind that Bond’s accelerated schedule means you can finish your degree sooner and be out in the workforce up to a year earlier than if you went to another university.
This time saving also represents a substantial reduction in accommodation and living costs, plus a full year of extra earnings.
Academic entry requirements
Entry into the Master of Business Data Analytics requires the completion of an undergraduate degree or equivalent in any business discipline. If previous bachelor degree is not related to business, we recommend you first complete the 4 subject Graduate Certificate of Business which can then be credited into the full Master of Business Data Analytics.
Please contact the Office of Future Students for further information.
English language proficiency requirements
As tuition is delivered in English, all students will be required to provide documented evidence of the required level of proficiency in the English language. Read more detailed information on English Language Proficiency Requirements for university study.
Credit for prior study
Subject credits may be awarded for previous studies. To apply for credits, you will need to submit academic transcripts including detailed subject outlines/course descriptions for each relevant subject and/or certified copies of testamurs to the Office of Future Students. Please refer to how to apply for credit for more information