The September semester for this program will be delivered in a multi-modal format with a mixture of on-campus, mixed mode and remote classes. All students will be able to access Bond’s exceptional, personalised learning experience regardless of their location. For students who are able to attend campus, we are working toward the resumption of face-to-face classes especially for small group instruction such as tutorials, seminars, workshops and lab sessions.
Notice: This program has been suspended, with Jan 2020 being the final intake of students. The following information is being retained for students currently enrolled in the program.
An MBA for health professionals
The Master of Business Administration in Health was developed to provide a high level qualification specifically for physicians, clinicians and other healthcare providers who are at the career stage of moving towards managing large departments or teams within a hospital environment as well as medical business professionals operating health services businesses. The program utilises three pillars of innovation, data analytics, and business transformation combined with essential health management skills such as governance, policy, ethics and structure.
The MBA in Health is designed to be flexible and intensive, making it an ideal option for health professionals aiming to move into leadership roles. It is also well suited for health practitioners planning to establish or manage their own private practice. With a diverse MBA cohort of over 20 nationalities represented, the MBA experience will transform you professionally and personally as you engage with academics and colleagues from all corners of the health industry.
- Redesigned to be flexible, intensive and get you into the workplace quicker.
- Program utilises the Harvard case method where you will analyse real-world business challenges.
- Diverse MBA cohort with over 20 nationalities represented, providing you with cross-cultural experiences while you study and rich global network afterwards.
About the program
Health management and the specific issues and challenges of business within the health sector is an area of increasing interest. This includes an identified need to train and prepare managers and leaders of both hospitals and other health focussed specialist businesses. Show more
Health management and the specific issues and challenges of business within the health sector is an area of increasing interest. This includes an identified need to train and prepare managers and leaders of both hospitals and other health focussed specialist businesses. This program is primarily targeted at physicians, clinicians and other healthcare providers who are at the career stage of moving towards managing large departments or teams within a hospital environment as well as medical business professionals operating health services businesses. Emphasis is placed on developing leadership abilities to lead teams and manage complex projects in a dynamic environment. Managing funding and financial issues that require both innovative and agile approaches to improve quality and efficiency is also a focus of this program. Show less
|Mode||On Campus and Remote|
Multi-modal delivery with a combination of on-campus, mixed mode and remote classes.
|Duration||3 semesters (1 year)|
|Program type||Masters Coursework|
|Study area||Business and Commerce, Health Sciences|
|Credit for prior study||For more details on applying for credit, please contact the Student Business Centre: [email protected]|
MBA in Health students must complete the following twelve (12) subjects:
- BMBA70-810 Individuals, Teams and Leadership
- BMBA70-820 Interpersonal Dynamics
- BMBA70-830 Effective Decision Making
- BMBA70-840 Motivation and Organisation
- BMBA70-850 Managerial Economics
- BMBA70-860 Marketing for Managers
- BMBA70-870 Accounting for Managers
- BMBA70-880 Financial Decision Making
- BMBA71-301 Data Analytics for Decision Making
- BMBA71-302 Strategic Insight
- BMBA71-303 MBA Capstone
- MGMT71-326 Project Innovation and Change
- DTSC71-104 Health Analytics and Data Management
- HPER71-110 Evidence Based Practice and Policy
- HPER71-111 Health Systems: Australia and International
- MGMT71-107 Leadership and Technology Innovation in Health Management
Please visit BBS Program Structure and Sequencing for guidance on study plans.
The below fees are based on an average per semester cost, fees may vary based on which subjects are selected and the number of subjects enrolled in for each semester:
- 2020 fees: $21,673 per semester (based on 4 subjects per semester)
When considering the fees associated with your studies, keep in mind that Bond’s accelerated schedule means you can finish your degree sooner and be out in the workforce up to a year earlier than if you went to another university.
This time saving also represents a substantial reduction in accommodation and living costs, plus a full year of extra earnings.
Academic entry requirements
Entry into the Master of Business Administration in Health requires the following:
- Minimum three years’ work experience.
- Quality undergraduate degree from a recognised institution.
- Cover letter detailing your career goals, future ambitions and experience.
- Two professional referee reports.
- Interview with the program director may be required.
- Candidates have the option of submitting a GMAT score.
Please contact the Office of Future Students for further information.
English language proficiency requirements
As tuition is delivered in English, all students will be required to provide documented evidence of the required level of proficiency in the English language. Read more detailed information on English Language Proficiency Requirements for university study.
Credit for prior study
Subject credits may be awarded for previous studies. To apply for credits, you will need to submit academic transcripts including detailed subject outlines/course descriptions for each relevant subject and/or certified copies of testamurs to the Office of Future Students. Please refer to how to apply for credit for more information