An MBA for health professionals
Ranked among the top 10 MBAs in Australia*, Bond’s Master of Business Administration program has been adapted to provide a high level qualification specifically for prospective senior managers, executives and entrepreneurs in the health sector. Drawing on the globally-recognised expertise of Bond Business School and Bond’s Faculty of Health Science and Medicine, the program combines core MBA subjects focusing on leadership, innovation, technology, finance and statistics with essential health management skills such as governance, policy, ethics and structure. The program is delivered in standard delivery or in intensive mode, making it an ideal option for health professionals aiming to move into leadership roles or managers from other industries preparing to transfer into health administration positions. It is also well suited for health practitioners planning to establish or manage their own private practice. Working in Bond’s trademark small classes, the MBA experience will transform you professionally and personally as you engage with academics and colleagues from all corners of the health industry, expanding not just your knowledge and skillset but your career and life horizons.
* Top 10 MBA – 2017 Australian Financial Review Boss MBA Rankings; #1 for Student Satisfaction
About the program
Health management and the specific issues and challenges of business within the health sector is an area of increasing interest. This includes an identified need to train and prepare managers and leaders of both hospitals and other health focussed specialist businesses. Show more
Health management and the specific issues and challenges of business within the health sector is an area of increasing interest. This includes an identified need to train and prepare managers and leaders of both hospitals and other health focussed specialist businesses. This program is primarily targeted at physicians, clinicians and other healthcare providers who are at the career stage of moving towards managing large departments or teams within a hospital environment as well as medical business professionals operating health services businesses. Emphasis is placed on developing leadership abilities to lead teams and manage complex projects in a dynamic environment. Managing funding and financial issues that require both innovative and agile approaches to improve quality and efficiency is also a focus of this program. Show less
|Duration||4 semesters (1 year 4 months)|
|Program type||Masters Coursework|
|Study area||Business and Commerce, Health Sciences|
|Credit for prior study||For more details on applying for credit, please contact the Student Business Centre: [email protected]|
MBA students must complete the following eleven subjects:
- ACCT71-600 Accounting Principles
- BUSN71-010 MBA Orientation
- ENFB71-104 Entrepreneurship & Innovation
- FINC71-600 Managerial Finance
- HPER71-110 Evidence based Practice and Policy
- HPER71-111 Health Systems: Australia & International
- IBUS71-302 Business Strategy
- INFT71-104 Health Analytics and Data Management
- MGMT71-104 Managing People
- MGMT71-107 Leadership and Technology Innovation in Health Management
- STAT71-101 Statistical Methods for Business
Plus two approved elective subjects.
- ACCT71-601 Information Analysis and Systems
- ACCT71-606 Management Accounting and Strategy
- ECON71-104: Managerial Economics
- ENFB71-306 Bond Business Accelerator
- FINC71-318 Personal Investment
- IBUS71-104 Business in the Global Economy
- IBUS71-602 Global Business
- IBUS71-610 Doing Business Globally
- MGMT71-301 International Human Resource Management
- MKTG71-104 Marketing Management
The below fees are based on an average per semester cost, fees may vary based on which subjects are selected and the number of subjects enrolled in for each semester:
- 2019 fees: $15,440 per semester (based on 3 subjects per semester)
- 2020 fees: $16,220 per semester (based on 3 subjects per semester)
Price may vary depending on elective discipline choice.
When considering the fees associated with your studies, keep in mind that Bond’s accelerated schedule means you can finish your degree sooner and be out in the workforce up to a year earlier than if you went to another university.
This time saving also represents a substantial reduction in accommodation and living costs, plus a full year of extra earnings.
Academic entry requirements
Entry into the Master of Business Administration in Health requires the following:
- Minimum three years’ work experience.
- Quality undergraduate degree from a recognised institution.
- Cover letter detailing your career goals, future ambitions and experience.
- Two professional referee reports.
- Interview with the program director may be required.
- Candidates have the option of submitting a GMAT score.
Please contact the Office of Future Students for further information.
English language proficiency requirements
As tuition is delivered in English, all students will be required to provide documented evidence of the required level of proficiency in the English language. Read more detailed information on English Language Proficiency Requirements for university study.
Credit for prior study
Subject credits may be awarded for previous studies. To apply for credits, you will need to submit academic transcripts including detailed subject outlines/course descriptions for each relevant subject and/or certified copies of testamurs to the Office of Future Students. Please refer to how to apply for credit for more information