About the scholarship
- Any country
- Undergraduate, Postgraduate
Applications for this scholarship closed on 6 September, 2019.
The Transformer is a co-curricular program offering at Bond designed to enable students to innovatively tackle real-world problems that matter. It is a program that attracts motivated, self-directed individuals who want to work in collaborative, interdisciplinary teams on challenging projects that typically span multiple semesters. The nature and scope of these projects are limited only by the passions and interests of the participants. Although highly motived and self-directed, Transformer participants are supported throughout the program by dedicated Bond academics and staff, industry experts, mentors, state-of-the-art facilities and other essential resources.
Two Transformer Scholarships are awarded annually to students beginning their Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree study at Bond University in the following year, January semester. Transformer Scholarships offer up to 50% tuition remission for any single undergraduate Bachelor’s degree or postgraduate Master’s degree program (excluding the Bond Medical Program) and are awarded to students who have high potential to affect real change through participation in the Transformer program.
Learn more about Transformer program.
Two Transformer Scholarships are awarded annually to students beginning their Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree study at Bond University in the following year, January semester.
The Transformer Scholarship is open to all students applying for any single undergraduate Bachelor’s degree or postgraduate Master’s degree (excluding the Bond Medical Program). Applicants for the Transformer Scholarship must provide evidence that they meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Strong leadership skills, community involvement and demonstrated potential to affect change;
- Extensive involvement in extracurricular activities; and
- Applicants must also meet the entry requirements for their chosen program of study.
Transformer Scholarships offer up to 50% tuition remission for any single undergraduate Bachelor’s degree or postgraduate Master’s degree program (excluding the Bond Medical Program).
Applications for this scholarship closed on 6 September, 2019.
Students must complete and submit their scholarship application prior to the application closing date. No late scholarship applications will be considered. If you are applying for more then one scholarship with different application closing dates, it is important to submit your scholarship application form by the earliest scholarship closing date.
Scholarship applicants will be required to submit the following documents as part of their scholarship application:
- A School reference (if you are currently in your final year of high school you will be asked to provide your Career Advisors details as part of the scholarship application form and we will follow-up with them directly to provide a reference);
- Evidence of your leadership, initiative, and service to your school and/or community, including 2 references. Please use the Summary of Achievements template to present this evidence; and
- A personal statement outlining why you have applied for this scholarship.
In addition, all Transformer Scholarship applicants are required to submit a short video pitch of themselves that concisely and persuasively answer the following questions:
- What is the problem? What is the problem you would like to explore as a participant in the Transformer? Why is it important? Why hasn't the problem been solved already? What alternative solutions exist, if any?
- Why you? Why are you the right person to take on this problem? What personal characteristics and experiences do you feel you possess that are relevant to the taking on your proposed project? Why will others want to work with you on this project? Why do you want to come to Bond and participate in the Transformer?
Videos should be no longer than three minutes in length and must be uploaded to YouTube for online viewing. Make sure you submit an accurate URL for your video in the space provided in your application. Videos longer than three minutes will not be considered.
Download our Scholarship Application Guide for useful application tips and FAQ's.
- To receive the award, you must enrol in an eligible degree program at Bond University, commencing as a new student in the following January semester.
- Applicants must meet Bond’s academic and English language requirements for the desired program of study.
- Transformer Scholarship recipients are expected to actively participate in and complete the Transformer program during their academic degree program. Participation in the Transformer commences immediately with academic studies. Suspension of participation in the Transformer program for academic or other reasons will result in termination of scholarship funding.
- Scholarship recipients must comply with Bond’s general scholarship terms and conditions
- All entries must be submitted via the online application form. No late entries will be accepted.
- The quality of the pitch video is the student’s responsibility. The video submitted and received within the entry period is the version that will be judged. No subsequent versions will be accepted after the closing date.
- Each entry should be no longer than 3 minutes in length, including titles and credits.
- Video pitches should be suitable for public viewing and must not contain obscene or offensive content such as adult themes, violence, drug use, coarse language, nudity as judged by the selection committee.
- Submissions must not include copyright material.
- The University may use excerpts of the videos submitted for entry for teaching purposes and to promote the competition to the public by whatever means it sees fit. This includes online, print and multimedia. We retain this right indefinitely.
- The scholarship winner MUST be willing to be involved in promotional activity arranged by the University. Entry in the competition is deemed as accepting this obligation.
- All decisions of the University and judges are final.
- All prizes are non-transferable and not redeemable for cash.
- By applying, you consent and agreement to these terms and conditions is implied.