Level 2, Building 5, Faculty of Health Sciences & Medicine, Bond University
Professional biographyChristina is an Accredited Practising Dietitian and the Clinical Lead for the Master of Nutrition of Dietetic Practice program. She has been working as an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for ~20 years both in Australia and the United Kingdom across a variety of settings including acute hospitals, public health and community development, clinical placement student supervision and private practice. More recently, through her own private practice in Northern NSW, she has specialised in working with community members living with Eating Disorders. She also provides clinical supervision for other Australian APDs and overseas trained Registered Dietitians (RDs). Christina’s professional interest areas are eating disorders, mindfulness-based therapies and weight-inclusive dietetic practice. She has recently commenced a research project exploring placement supervisors’ understanding of and use of weight-inclusive practice principles.
Teaching expertiseChristina seeks to facilitate real-world learning discussions, workshops and clinical case simulations in her teaching. She also regularly collaborates with other Dietitians working in the field to offer learning opportunities to students outside of the classroom. Christina guides students to develop their clinical knowledge and skills but also to build their understanding of social justice and global citizenship.
- NUTR71-703 – Professional Placement Community and Public Health Nutrition (2017)
- NUTR71-102 – Nutrition, Communication and Behaviour (2017, 2018)
- NUTR71-105 – Nutrition and Chronic Disease Management (2019)
- Dietitians Association of Australia
- Australia and New Zealand Academy of Eating Disorders
- Association for Size Diversity and Health
- Center for Mindful Eating (United States)
- Master of Nutrition and Dietetics University of Sydney
- Bachelor of Applied Science (nutritional science) University of Canberra