Take the next step in your financial management career
Internationally recognised, the Master of Financial Management at Bond University prepares you for a financial management role within a corporation, consulting firm or accounting firm not only in Australia but anywhere in the world. In just one year, you can start working in a financial management role in the commercial or private sector. Students who have successfully completed cognate undergraduate programs may be eligible for advanced standing of up to 40 credit points towards the Master of Financial Management program.
The Bond Master of Financial Management program is an intimate educational experience that will allow for personalised attention and unparalleled access to our two trading rooms and 40 Bloomberg terminals - the most of any university in Australia. You will also have the opportunity to gain Bloomberg certification during your degree and unlock the potential for more job opportunities in the financial industry. The Master of Financial Management at Bond has been accepted into the CFA Institute University Recognition Program, the largest association of investment of professionals in the world, meaning students are well prepared for the CFA exams.
What our students say
- Recognised worldwide by the CFA Institute
- Learn in smaller classes
- Unparalleled access to Bond Business School's two financial trading rooms and 40 Bloomberg data-sourcing terminals
- Opportunity to experience global business environments with international Study Tours available within Asia, South-East Asia and Silicon Valley.
About the program
|Duration||4 semesters (1 year 4 months)|
|Program type||Masters Coursework|
|Study area||Business and Commerce|
|Credit for prior study||For more details on applying for credit, please contact the Student Business Centre: [email protected]|
The Master of Financial Management prepares you for a financial management role within a corporation, consulting firm, accounting firm or entrepreneurial venture within the commercial sector or private practice.
The Master of Financial Management program comprises 12 subjects, as follows:
Required subjects (6)
- ACCT71-600 Accounting Principles
- ECON71-600 Economics for Business
- FINC71-600 Managerial Finance
- FINC71-601 Corporate Finance
- FINC71-607 International Financial Management
- STAT71-102 Analysis and Application
Alternate Choice (2)
Choose two (2) subjects from the following options.
- DTSC71-200 Data Science
- DTSC71-305 Financial Trading Systems
- FINC71-302 Finance Applications and Analysis
- FINC71-305 Derivative Products
- FINC71-318 Personal Investment
- FINC71-603 Investments
- FINC71-604 Capital Markets
- FINC71-614 Mergers and Acquisitions
- Students can choose 4 General Elective Subjects (40CP).
- General elective – A subject that may be chosen from any subject on offer across the University provided requisites, enrolment restrictions and any other faculty requirements have been met.
- Students are encouraged to undertake an optional specialisation (4 Subjects).
- Please visit the list of Specialisations in Bond Business School (Postgraduate) page.
Students may also choose one of the following opportunities to use your elective subject to have international experience or an Internship opportunity provided you meet the requirements. Please discuss with the Enrolment Advisor in the Student Business Centre.
- The Study Tour requires approval from the Faculty. (Please note that additional costs and visa requirements are associated with this subject).
- The Internship requires a GPA credit average and requires approval from the Faculty with an application to the Career Development Centre.
- The Individual Study Topic is only available in exceptional circumstances and requires Program Director approval.
Please visit BBS Program Structure and Sequencing for guidance on study plans.
The below fees are based on an average per semester cost, fees may vary based on which subjects are selected and the number of subjects enrolled in for each semester:
- 2020 fees: $16,010 per semester (based on 3 subjects per semester)
- 2021 fees: $16,850 per semester (based on 3 subjects per semester)
Price may vary depending on elective discipline choice.
When considering the fees associated with your studies, keep in mind that Bond’s accelerated schedule means you can finish your degree sooner and be out in the workforce up to a year earlier than if you went to another university.
This time saving also represents a substantial reduction in accommodation and living costs, plus a full year of extra earnings.
Academic entry requirements
Completion of an Australian Qualifications Framework Level 7 Bachelor degree in a field cognate to the proposed degree.
Please contact the Office of Future Students for further information.
English language proficiency requirements
As tuition is delivered in English, all students will be required to provide documented evidence of the required level of proficiency in the English language. Read more detailed information on English language proficiency requirements for university study.
Credit for prior study
Subject credits may be awarded for previous studies. To apply for credits, you will need to submit academic transcripts including detailed subject outlines/course descriptions for each relevant subject and/or certified copies of testamurs to the Office of Future Students. Please refer to how to apply for credit for more information