Take the next step in your financial management career
The upcoming semester for this program will be delivered in a multi-modal format, with classes designed to support and engage all learners. Whether they're on campus or abroad, all students will be able to access Bond's exceptional and personalised learning experience through dynamic and interactive lectures, tutorials, seminars, workshops and lab sessions.
Designed for finance managers and professionals, Bond’s Master of Financial Management develops general finance knowledge and analytical skills to enhance decision making in the corporate environment.
This program prepares students for a financial management role within a corporation, consulting or accounting firm. However, you can customise the program through elective subjects to suit your career interests. The classes combine theoretical; knowledge in Finance with practical insights delivered through case studies and industry guests.
The program can be completed in just one year, however students who have successfully completed cognate undergraduate programs may be eligible for advanced standing of up to 40 credit points towards the Master of Financial Management program.
Campus and Bond University Experience
For the past 15 years, Bond University has been recognised as Australia’s number one university for student experience according to the Good Universities Guide. In addition, The Bond Business School rates number one in Australia for business and management in Learner Engagement, Learning Resources, Overall Quality of Educational Experience, Skills Development, Student Support and Teaching Quality.
As a Bond student, you will have unparalleled access to the Bond FinTech Hub. Our students gain practical experience in executing deals, managing portfolios, trading financial securities and changing market conditions. Access to these facilities prepare our graduates to ‘hit the ground running’ in financial organisations. Bond Business School has 40 Bloomberg terminals, the most of any university in Australia and officially a member of the Bloomberg Experiential Learning Partner (ELP) Program. We are proudly 1 of only 3 universities in Australia to achieve this partnership.
What our students say
- Recognised worldwide by the CFA Institute
- Have the opportunity to gain industry experience while you study
- Be mentored by leading academics. Even outside of class time, our academics have an open door policy that means they will not only know you by name, they’ll actively mentor your progress
- Learn in small class sizes. Our high student to teacher ratio opens doors to industry placements, research projects, job opportunities and help whenever you need it
- Access to an array state-of-the-art learning resources including the Bond FinTech Hub, Commercialisation Centre, Centre for Data Analytics and Transformer
- Unparalleled access to Bloomberg terminals with the opportunity to gain a Bloomberg certification during your degree and unlock your potential for more job opportunities in the global market
About the program
The Master of Financial Management is a postgraduate qualification which provides potential corporate managers, business bankers, wealth advisors, and financial managers with the essential knowledge and analytical skills for making key financial decisions. The classes combine theoretical knowledge in Finance with practical insights delivered through case studies and guest lectures. Show more
The Master of Financial Management is a postgraduate qualification which provides potential corporate managers, business bankers, wealth advisors, and financial managers with the essential knowledge and analytical skills for making key financial decisions. The classes combine theoretical knowledge in Finance with practical insights delivered through case studies and guest lectures. Team building is encouraged through group projects, and communication skills are enhanced through class presentations. The program equips students to think critically, communicate professionally, work collaboratively, make ethical and responsible business decisions, and work effectively in a global business context characterised by change and uncertainty. The free choice business electives provide you with the opportunity to customise the program to meet your individualised interests and enhance your employability and career options. Show less
|Mode||On Campus and Remote|
Due to current travel restrictions, this program will temporarily be delivered using a mixture of on-campus, remote and multi-modal classes to support and engage all students, from all parts of the world.
|Duration||4 semesters (1 year 4 months)|
|Program type||Masters Coursework|
|Study area||Business and Commerce|
|Credit for prior study||For more details on applying for credit, please contact the Student Business Centre: [email protected]|
The Master of Financial Management program comprises 12 subjects, as follows:
Required subjects (6)
- ACCT71-100 Accounting Principles
- ECON71-100 Principles of Economics
- FINC71-101 Fundamentals of Finance
- FINC71-601 Corporate Finance
- FINC71-607 International Financial Management
- STAT71-102 Analysis and Application
Alternate Choice (2)
Choose two (2) subjects from the following options.
- DTSC71-200 Data Science
- DTSC71-305 Financial Trading Systems
- FINC71-302 Finance Applications and Analysis
- FINC71-305 Derivative Products
- FINC71-318 Personal Investment
- FINC71-603 Investments
- FINC71-604 Capital Markets
- FINC71-614 Mergers and Acquisitions
- Students can choose 4 General Elective Subjects (40CP).
- General elective – A subject that may be chosen from any subject on offer across the University provided requisites, enrolment restrictions and any other faculty requirements have been met.
- Students may also use all of their electives to take a specialisation (4 Subjects) from the list below
- Data Analytics
- Health Management
- International Business
- Tourism and Hotel Management
- Please visit the Major, minor and specialisation study areas for guidance on specialisations.
Students may also choose one of the following opportunities to use your elective subject to have international experiences or an Internship opportunity provided you meet the requirements. Please discuss with the Enrolment Advisor in the Student Business Centre.
- The Study Tour requires approval from the Faculty. (Please note that additional costs and visa requirements are associated with this subject).
- The Internship requires a 2.0 GPA and approval from the Faculty with an application to the Career Development Centre.
- The Individual Study Topic is only available in exceptional circumstances and requires the Program Director's approval.
Please visit BBS Program Structure and Sequencing for guidance on study plans.
The below fees are based on the total estimated program fee divided by the number of standard full-time semesters required to complete the program. Fees may vary based on which subjects are selected and the number of subjects enrolled in for each semester.
Semester program fee:
- Students commencing study in 2022: $16,850* per semester average
- Students commencing study in 2023: $17,280* per semester average
Total program fee:
- Students commencing study in 2022: $67,400
- Students commencing study in 2023: $69,120
When considering the fees associated with your studies, keep in mind that Bond’s accelerated schedule means you can finish your degree sooner and be out in the workforce up to a year earlier than most other universities.
This time saving also represents a substantial reduction in accommodation and living costs, plus a full year of extra earnings.
* The fees listed are average costs displayed to provide an indicative program cost only, they may differ to the indicative fee included in the Bond University offer letter due to differences in individual and exact study schedules.
Tuition fees are subject to change on an annual basis and will be charged at the appropriate fee for the year of enrolment.
Academic entry requirements
Entry into the Master of Financial Management requires the completion of an undergraduate degree from a recognised institution, and completion of a subject deemed equivalent to either Fundamentals of Finance or Managerial Finance with a credit grade within the last seven years.
The Master of Financial Management program is a specialist program for people interested in pursuing a career in finance. It is designed to provide an opportunity for students with undergraduate training in other fields to gain a body of knowledge that is closely tied to the CFA Program Candidate Body of Knowledge.
Please contact the Office of Future Students for further information.
English language proficiency requirements
As tuition is delivered in English, all students will be required to provide documented evidence of the required level of proficiency in the English language. Read more detailed information on English language proficiency requirements for university study.
Credit for prior study
Subject credits may be awarded for previous studies. To apply for credits, you will need to submit academic transcripts including detailed subject outlines/course descriptions for each relevant subject and/or certified copies of testamurs to the Office of Future Students. Please refer to how to apply for credit for more information
How to apply
A postgraduate degree in financial management can earn you a senior finance related role and open the doors to career opportunities in a wide range of industries, both in the commercial or private sector.
Our graduates are highly sought after upon graduation and employable as a:
- Corporate Investment Banker
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
- Financial Analyst
- Finance Administrator
- Financial Advisor
- Financial Manager
- Investment Officer
- Finance Reconciliations Officer
- Finance Specialist
Bond is one of only seven universities in Australia, the only one in Queensland, to offer the fully accredited program by the Actuaries Institute and has recognition agreements with the Society of Actuaries (worldwide).
Bond Business School is among less than 7% of the world’s 13,000 business programs to have earned accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and less than 2% have earned European Foundation for Management Development's (EFMD) European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS) accreditation. Bond Business School is both AACSB and EQUIS accredited placing us in the top 2% of Business Schools in the world.
Bond Business School is also 1 of 4 universities in Australia who are members of the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC), a tangible statement of the significant contribution our programs make to graduate management education.
At Bond, we believe education goes beyond the classroom. Our unique Beyond Bond program will expand your horizons with internships, global volunteering programs, international competitions, industry conferences, study tours, community service and much, much more.