What is the Property Law Clinic?
Please note that the Property Law Clinic will not be running in 201.
The Property Law Clinic is coordinated by Assistant Professor Tammy Johnson and provides information and limited legal advice to clients in relation to the following areas of property law:
- Strata Title
- Residential Tenancies
- Dividing Fence
- Neighbourhood Trees
The Clinic will operate on a Monday evening from 5.30pm – 7.30pm. The clinics will be held in Weeks 4, 6, 8, 10 and 12 each May and September semester.
Participation in the Property Law Clinic will provide you with invaluable experience in dealing with real clients and real legal issues. Participation will also give you the opportunity to meet our volunteer supervising lawyers, giving you an opportunity to broaden your network of industry contacts.
How do I get involved?
Have a look at how to apply for more information on the application process.
There are currently 6 volunteer positions offered in the Property Law Clinic per semester: 2 Student Administrator positions and 4 Student Advisor positions.
Who can apply?
Applicants must currently be enrolled at Bond University in a law degree program, either an LLB or JD. They must have completed some commercial law subjects. Completion of at least 3 semesters is preferred but not essential.
What does it entail?
Student Advisors will, under the supervision of a qualified lawyer:
- be required to review information provided by clients;
- research the relevant law; and
- participate in client interviews, by telephone or in person.
Student Administrators will be responsible:
- for undertaking the administrative tasks involved in operating the Clinic;
- for meeting and greeting clients;
- for preparing client files including scanning information; and
- for ensuring the smooth operation of client appointments.
- Gain practical work experience dealing with real cases.
- Obtain drafting experience in real legal matters.
- Provide pro bono advice to clients under the supervision of lawyers.
- Network with experienced lawyers in the Clinic environment.