What is the LawRight Property Law Clinic?
Clinic Coordinator: Assistant Professor Tammy Johnson
The LawRight Property Law Clinic provides information and basic legal advice to clients in relation to the following areas of property law: Residential tenancies; Strata title; Dividing fences; Neighbourhood trees; Commercial and retail leases; Property disputes.
The Clinic will operate on a Monday evening from 5.30pm – 7.30pm. The clinics will be held in Weeks 4, 6, 8, 10 and 12 each semester.
Participation in the LawRight Property Law Clinic will provide you with invaluable experience in dealing with real clients and real legal issues. Participation will also give you the opportunity to meet our volunteer supervising lawyers, giving you an opportunity to broaden your network of industry contacts.
Information for students
Have a look at how to apply for more information on the application process.
There are currently 6 volunteer positions offered in the LawRight Property Law Clinic per semester: 2 Student Administrator positions and 4 Student Appointment Volunteer positions.
Applicants must currently be enrolled at Bond University in a law degree program, either an LLB or JD. They must have completed some commercial law subjects. Completion of at least 3 semesters is preferred but not essential.
Law Student Appointment Volunteers will, under the supervision of a qualified lawyer:
- review information provided by clients;
- research the relevant law; and
- participate in client interviews, by telephone or in person.
Law Student Administration Volunteers will be responsible for:
- undertaking the administrative tasks involved in operating the Clinic;
- meeting and greeting clients;
- preparing client files including scanning information; and
- ensuring the smooth operation of client appointments.
- Gain practical work experience dealing with real cases.
- Obtain drafting experience in real legal matters.
- Provide pro bono advice to clients under the supervision of lawyers.
- Network with experienced lawyers in the Clinic environment.