Services for students
The Career Development Centre (CDC) is your one-stop careers services hub, covering everything from career planning and Beyond Bond through to internships, work experience, part-time jobs and graduate destinations.
From your first weeks at university, we can help you identify your career goals and learn more about potential industries and employers; working with you through the processes of finding graduate positions, writing applications and resumes, and getting you ready for that all-important interview.
We are your go-to team for arranging internships and work experience placements with every type of organisation from top flight corporate through to small SMEs in your field of studies.
We can help you source holiday and part-time employment.
And, as a key point of contact for leading blue-chip employers actively recruiting university graduates, we can put you in touch with all the right people via personal introductions at our annual Job & Internship Fair, regular networking functions and referrals.
Contact us via phone or email to book an appointment or drop into our office any time on Level 1 of the Accommodation Centre, Building 9 (next to Student Flights).
How we can help you
Scout is the CDC’s one-stop careers and employment portal powered by Symplicity.
- Build your own customised profile that can connect to your LinkedIn account.
- Schedule and manage appointments with the CDC team.
- Register for CDC events, workshops, seminars and employer networking functions being held on campus.
- Sign up for CDC run programs.
- See who is attending ourJob & Internship Fair and sign up.
- Participate in a mock interview.
- Research scholarship information and opportunities.
- Explore degree-specific information sheets.
- Manage your Beyond Bond portfolio using Reflection – upload your submissions and develop and share your portfolio with others via LinkedIn.
- Manage your internship/work experience applications.
- Manage your employment documents including resumes, letters, selection criteria.
- Access the CDC’s comprehensive careers resource library.
- Access employer profiles and information.
- Search and apply for advertised opportunities:
- part time and holiday employment
- internships, work experience and clerkships
- graduate employment
- graduate programs
- PLT placements
- Research global job opportunities and visa information via Going Global and Vault.
- Stay up to date with the latest news and events relevant to you.
This innovative degree requirement encourages all students to expand their horizons by providing official recognition of internships and industry experience projects as well as extra-curricular involvement with community organisations, volunteering, mentoring and leadership roles on and off campus.
Designed to foster and develop the key interpersonal skills required by employers, the wide range of available options allows you to tailor Beyond Bond to match your degree, career goals, specific talents and community interests, making this an exciting and life-changing experience.
The CDC works with industry employers to help students arrange internships and work placements relevant to their studies. These opportunities are specifically designed to develop practical knowledge of the working environment and provide valuable career contacts.
Don’t know where to start? We can help you identify your unique skills and interests, then match them with potential career pathways.
Careers advice & guidance
Arrange a personal one-on-one appointment with our Employment Services Specialists to discuss your career goals and how to achieve them.
Application assistance & resume review
We provide one-on-one assistance with company research, application letters, selection criteria, resumes and interview preparation or you can email your resume to us for our professional feedback.
Job Search Guide
Everything you need to know about planning, researching and getting the career of your dreams is included in our 120-page Job Search Guide.
Careers workshops & seminars
The CDC holds regular group workshops and seminars to inspire and motivate students with exciting career possibilities and information. What’s coming up?
Job & Internship Fair & employer networking opportunities
In line with the Graduate Recruitment Season (February to April), the CDC hosts Bond’s annual Job & Internship Fair, bringing in top level employers and recruitment agencies to speak to students on campus. At other times of the year, employers are invited to make student presentations and introductions at our regular networking functions. What’s coming up?
Resources & assistance
We can put you in touch with graduate recruitment representatives from leading corporations and agencies and keep you up-to-date with potential opportunities during the Graduate Recruitment Season.
Research information on career opportunities, working visas and job listings in 24 countries worldwide via the Scout online careers and employment portal.
Vault Online Career Library
A leading source of careers information and resources giving you access to more than 4000 US-based company profiles, 50 free career guides and thousands of career advice articles.
Migration information seminars
The CDC coordinates a range of external migration agents and lawyers on campus to provide students with migration information and advice.