Bond University’s High Performance Training Centre located at the Bond Institute of Health & Sport, Robina, provides elite sporting organisations a range of award-winning high performance gym and recovery facilities, as well as targeted athlete testing and training packages, highly tailored to individual or team needs.
High Performance Training Centre
The High Performance Training Centre can be hired for exclusive use by external organisations.
Sport performance and testing for athletes
Bond University's High Performance Training Centre has a variety of athlete testing and training packages, including altitude training, body composition assessments, recovery sessions and strength and conditioning sessions, that can be tailored to individual or team requirements.
The High Performance Training Centre holds the following national and international accreditations.
Australian Strength & Conditioning Association (ASCA)
Bond University's High Performance Training Centre (HPTC) is accredited by the Australian Strength & Conditioning Association (ASCA). The ASCA provides strength and conditioning (S&C) coach accreditation programs for all levels. These programs ae registered with the National Coaching Accreditation Scheme, administered by Sport Australia. ASCA accreditation identifies individuals who possess the knowledge and skill to design, implement and review safe and effective S&C programs. In addition, the ASCA provides professional support, development and research opportunities while continuing to enhance education for coaches.
Strength of America Award - NSCA accreditation
The Bond University High Performance Training Centre (HPTC) has been awarded a 2020 - 2023 Strength of America Award for its world class strength and conditioning standards. Bond’s HPTC was the only Centre in Australia to receive this prestigious accolade, which is jointly awarded by the US National Strength & Conditioning Association (NSCA) and the President’s Council on Fitness, Sports, and Nutrition.
The award - which represents the gold standard in strength and conditioning programs – measured the HTPC on four key criteria: Supervision, Education, Program, and Facilities.
International Universities Strength & Conditioning Association (IUSCA) endorsement
Bond University's High Performance Training Centre (HPTC) is accredited by the International Universities Strength & Conditioning Association (IUSCA) as an Endorsed Training Facility. This makes the HPTC unique internationally in holding 3 International accreditations: IUSCA, National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) and Australian Strength and Conditioning Association (ASCA).
The HPTC's strength and conditioning staff qualifications
If you don’t have your own strength and conditioning staff, our team can provide that additional service.
HPTC staff qualifications include:
- Master of Exercise Science (Strength & Conditioning)
- Bachelor of Exercise Science (Rehabilitation)
- Registered Strength & Conditioning Coach *Emeritus – RSCC*E (NSCA)
- Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist – CSCS (NSCA)
- Level 3 Strength & Conditioning Coach (ASCA) x 2
- Professional Coaching Accreditation Scheme – MASTER Coach x 2
- Diploma of Fitness
- Level 1 Altitude Instructor (ATSINSTL1)
- Senior first aid trainer x 2
- ASADA Certifications: Level 2 Anti-Doping and 10 additional plus ASADA e-learning modules x 2
- ASCA Professional Coach of the Year x 2
- Blue Card (QLD) x 2
Teams who use our facilities
Health and hygiene
- Disinfectant spray bottles provided to clean down benches, bars, and weights during sessions
- Hand disinfectant available at HPTC entrance and in changerooms, altitude chamber, etc.
- Benches and equipment are wiped down, and the floor is mopped with disinfectant after each use
- Continued COVID cleaning strategies are used as a preventative strategy
Getting to and from the Institute
Located approximately 4kms away from Bond University campus, the Institute is adjacent to the Robina Hospital, CBus Super Stadium, and Robina train station.
Parking is available to students and staff within the vicinity and surrounding areas of the Institute. Bicycle storage facilities are also available.