About the Bond University Sustainable Healthcare Awards
The Bond University Sustainable Healthcare Awards were designed to promote and raise awareness of best practice in high-value healthcare and recognise the achievements of leaders, advocates and innovators in this field who have overcome barriers to deliver better care.
Sustainable healthcare is about empowering people - including healthcare workers, healthcare users and the general community - to live inspired lives, create better systems, deliver better care more easily and use taxpayer-funded resources wisely. Successfully implemented, a sustainable healthcare model allows ideas to flourish and to be implemented, as well as informing and encouraging healthcare workers and patients to improve their experience and outcomes.
In the sustainable healthcare model of the future...
- systems will be simpler to navigate;
- patients will have more choice, be seen sooner and stay home more often;
- waste will be minimised;
- healthcare staff will be well educated, feel energised and supported throughout their careers and be able to keep up-to-date with the latest research evidence;
- healthcare users will know the options available to them and the benefits and risks of each option; and
- healthcare leaders will be empowered to drive innovation for improved outcomes.
Healthcare costs are rising disproportionately to the increase in benefits, and we know that the talent exists within our teams to help us better utilise our resources to meet the needs of our community.