Student events

Student events are an integral and exciting part of campus life . Bond University students, Clubs, Societies and Associations are welcome to hold events on campus throughout the semester.

All student events are held to the Bond University Student Conduct Code to ensure the safety of all involved. Completing an online event form gives your event the approval required to be a successful and enjoyable experience for all involved while allowing the University to ensure the venue and equipment you require is available.

Finding the right date to hold your event is very important to ensure that it does not compete or clash with other student or external events. An event may be declined if it conflicts with a previous booking. Visit the BUSA Website to see what has been planned for the semester and to decide on a date that will maximize your event’s success. Submitting an event form and completing a room booking (if applicable) well in advance of your intended event will assist in locking in your required dates.

BUSA venues 

To book these venues, contact the BUSA Office to confirm availability and approval prior to completing an online event form. 
Tel: 07 5595 4009
Email: [email protected]

  • Undergraduate Lounge
  • Postgraduate Lounge
  • Don's Tavern (Thursday night only)

Event Centre venues 

The following venues may incur a room hire/set up fee and are used for many University and external functions .  The student event officer will advise of availability on receipt of event form.  Alternatively, phone 559 51211 (for availability enquiries)

  • Princeton Room
  • Don’s Tavern
  • Basil Sellars Foyer
  • Basil Sellars Theatre 1
  • Basil Sellars Theatre 4
  • University Club
  • Ornamental Lawns
  • Amphitheatre

Sports venues 

Use of the venue and equipment must be booked with the Sports Centre. This includes the sports hall, pool, sports fields and sports clubhouse.  Please contact for confirmation prior to submitting an online event form.
Phone: 559 54119

Teaching rooms

Lecture theatres, case study and seminar rooms are available for student use. These are often great locations for private group study or 'non-party' events, however no food or drink is permitted in any teaching spaces. Students will be charged a 'cleaning' fee if the rooms are left in an untidy manner.

Teaching rooms must be booked online prior to use, allowing at least 3 working days for approval and security access. Book online using the Web Room Booking Form

A Student Event Form must be completed for all Teaching Room bookings including club gatherings or group meetings.  Private study groups who wish to use Teaching Rooms for exam or assignment work only, are exempt from completing an event form.

Unless prior permission is obtained, all catering is to be provided by the Function Centre. Catering can be tailored to any style of event and includes a wide range of modern menu ideas and concepts. A student event coordinator will contact you regarding your requirements once an online event form is received.

Due to licensing restrictions, food cannot be brought onto campus from outside sources without prior approval.  A Certificate of Currency for Public Liability Insurance(COC) is required from all external companies providing food or bringing equipment onto campus.  By completing as much detail as possible in your online event booking, the event coordinator can review your requirements and discuss this with you.  Tel: 5595 1211.

Equipment use

To assist with your events, Students have access to equipment provided by Facilities Management that includes tents, tables, chairs and rubbish bins.  The Student Event Coordinator will organise for the equipment to be delivered and collected from the event venue (pending availability) using details provided in the online event form. Two weeks notice must be given to ensure that all equipment required is available. 

BBQ's with gas bottles supplied, are available for student use.  These must be kept clean and returned in the same state to avoid a cleaning fee. The cost of BBQ's, gas and tents is kindly funded by the student association.

External equipment

Any equipment being brought onto campus for an event needs to be fully detailed on the Event Form for insurance purposes. This includes sound/music equipment, tents and electronic equipment.

If the equipment is coming from an external company, the company needs to supply a Certificate of Currency for Public Liability Insurance (COC). The certificate must be submitted with your Online Event Form or to the Student Events Office [email protected]  Tel: 5595 1211

Online event booking forms must be submitted a minimum of two (2) weeks prior to the event taking place, or four (4)weeks if catering is required. For a hassle-free event, include as much description as possible to ensure your 'duty of disclosure' is fulfilled. The request will be assessed for approval based on the information provided and adherence to the University guidelines for student events. You will then be contacted by the Student Event Coordinator.

Student event bookings (for club events and subject related events)

Ticket sales

If your event requires tickets to be sold on campus at any time, you need to fill out this form stating the times and location of the sales.

Student events

Students enjoy an outdoor BBQ lunch