Prof Christopher Del Mar
- Centre for Research in Evidence-Based Practice (CREBP)
- Faculty of Health Sciences & Medicine
Level 1, Building 5, Faculty of Health Sciences & Medicine, Bond University
An evidence-based medicine (EBM) specialist, Professor Del Mar has contributed significantly to health sciences and clinical research. Appointed visiting professor of general practice at Oxford University in 2007, Professor Del Mar is the Coordinating Editor of the Cochrane Collaboration - an international, independent not-for-profit organisation dedicated to making up-to-date, accurate information about the effects of healthcare readily available worldwide.
An internationally esteemed researcher and academic, Cambridge educated Professor Del Mar is an expert in respiratory viruses. He was the only Australian invited to participate in the World Health Organisation's swine flu (H1N1) rapid guidelines development in Geneva, and has recently received NHMRC funding for research in the area.
Professor Del Mar was appointed to the National Health and Medical Research Council's Health Care Committee - one of its five principal committees. Previously he was Chair of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) National Research Committee, President of the Australian Association for Academic General Practice, Editor of the research section of the Australian Family Physician, and chair of the editorial advisory committee of the Federal Government's health web portal - HealthInsite.
In late 2008 he was awarded the Rose-Hunt Medal by the Royal Australian College of General Practice in recognition of his outstanding commitment to general practice research.
- Coordinating Editor - Acute Respiratory Group, Cochrane Collaboration
- member - NHMRC Health Care Committee
- HLSC71-120 - Research Methodology in Health Sciences
- MBBS11-120 - Foundation Studies in Medicine Part B
- MBBS11-110 - Foundation Studies in Medicine Part A
- MBBS11-130 - Foundation Studies in Medicine Part C
- HLSC13-300 - Research Project - Health Sciences
- Fellowship of Faculty Public Health, RACP
- Bachelor Medicine, Cambridge University
- Medical Sciences Tripos, Cambridge University
- Doctor of Medicine (research), University of Queensland
- Fellowship of the Royal College of General Practitioners, RACGP
- Bachelor of Science, Salford University