As a Bond student, you are entitled to have certain expectations. These include:
- studying high-quality, innovative programs, with readily available access to program information
- experiencing a positive, cooperative, service-oriented, and safe learning and teaching environment
- feeling safe from bullying, harassment, and discrimination
- access to relevant support services
- the ability to make a complaint or lodge an appeal
Higher Education Standards Framework
The Higher Education Standards Framework (Threshold Standards) 2021 (HES Framework) has been structured to align with student experiences — from enrolment to award of qualification. In line with the requirements of the HES Framework, Bond University provides information in relation to:
- Academic requirements and deadlines
Reviews and appeals
Visit our Reviews and appeals page to find out more about submitting a formal appeal.
Feedback and complaints
For information about providing feedback to the university or making a complaint, visit our Feedback and complaints page.
- Access to learning resources
- Enhancing personal safety and security
Fees and refunds
Click here for information regarding fees and refunds.
Advocacy and support
You have the right to be represented by an independent, democratically elected student association. The Bond University Student Association (BUSA) provides a range of services to improve the student experience.
Additionally, independent information and support is available to current students who believe their rights may have been adversely affected by the University. Click here for more information on advocacy and support.