COVID-19 (coronavirus): Latest advice for the Bond community.

Document certification

Certified copies will only be accepted in hard copy by mail or in person (not by fax, email, scanned, etc). Photocopies of previously certified documents will not be accepted.

A certified copy is one that has been verified to be a true copy by an appropriately authorised person. You will need to take your original document/s AND photocopy/s of the original documents to this person (see list below), who will:

  1. Compare the original documents and photocopies to ensure they are identical;
  2. Endorse each page of the copy either in writing or by using a copy certification stamp – e.g. ‘This is a true and correct copy of the original document I have sighted’ or ‘Certified True Copy’.
  3. On each page next to the endorsement, the authorised person is required to write their name, qualification, position number (if relevant), contact phone number, signature, date of signing and business stamp.

Please note:

  • If the document is more than one page (or double sided), all pages must be separately certified, including the back.
  • The certification must be on the actual copy, Bond University will not accept certification on another page attached to the copy.
  • Certified copies must include original signatures and stamps. Faxed, scanned or emailed copies are not acceptable.
  • Documents submitted to Bond University in support of an application that are written in a language other than English must be accompanied by a translation prepared by an accredited translator.  See ' English Translations' below 

Who is an authorised person?

Within Australia

  • Justice of the Peace with a registration number
  • Commissioner of Declaration
  • Barrister, Solicitor or Patent Attorney
  • Police Officer
  • Postal Manager
  • Member of a recognised professional accounting body
  • Staff members at Bond University

Outside Australia

  • Agent registered with Bond University

English translations

Documents submitted to Bond University in support of an application that are written in a language other than English must be accompanied by an authorised translation. The following will be accepted as an authorised translation for a Bond University application:

  • ​Translations either performed or notarised by the original issuing authority of the non-English document.
  • Translations performed by a translator registered with a recognised authority in their country of operations.
  • Documents translated by a registered translator with the National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters (NAATI).
  • Translations notarised by the Government Notary or a Public Office of the country from which the document originates.
  • Any translation service accepted by an Australian High Commission or Embassy in the country from which the document originates (evidence must be provided of this relationship).

What happens next?

If your application is successful, you will receive a formal Letter of Offer from Bond University.