2022 Wellness For Law Forum | ON NOW
The Wellness for Law Forum comes to you from the Gold Coast, Australia. In the spirit of reconciliation, we acknowledge the Traditional Owners and Custodians of the land. The Kombumerri have walked and cared for this land and wildlife for thousands of years, and their descendants maintain spiritual connection and traditions. We thank them for sharing their cultures, spiritualities and ways of living with the land and wildlife in this place we all now call home. We pay respect to Elders past, present and emerging.
Fostering Wellbeing Within Law Schools and the Profession
Australian and American research indicates that for many law students, symptoms of psychological distress begin early in law school and continue throughout their study of law and into their working lives.
The Wellness Network for Law is a community of legal academics, practitioners and students who are committed to: first, addressing the high levels of psychological distress experienced in law; and second, promoting wellness at law school, in the legal academy, and in the profession.
The Network seeks to achieve these aims through supporting a deeper understanding of the onset and causes of psychological distress, as well as through the development of strategies for preventing and ameliorating distress, and for fostering wellbeing, within law schools and the profession.
This year's presentations include:
- Well-being, Moral Injury and Spirituality - Dr Mark Seton
- From Stressful to Mindful to Joyful: Six Critical Steps - Professor Larry Krieger
- An Empirical Study of Well-Being of Hong Kong Law Students: Challenges and Responses - Dr Richard Wu
- Resilience and Wellbeing in the Time of COVID - Robyn Bradey
- The Connection Between Competence and Wellbeing and Why It Is Important for Efficient and Ethically Driven Law Practices and Ethical and Efficient Lawyers - Lauren Phelps and Peter Apel
- Small Group Teaching and Fostering a Sense of Belonging - Dr Bill Swannie.
Explore the Forum videos here: https://www.cple.blog/wellness-forum-2022/