Requesting from other libraries
Bond University staff, postgraduate and undergraduate students can request items such as books and articles that are not held by Bond Library. We will attempt to locate and supply items from other libraries anywhere in the world or from commercial document suppliers. Alumni and Bond University College short course students are not eligible to use this service.
Requests must be related to your teaching, research, study or employment at Bond.
What can be requested?
Digital copies of:
- journal or newspaper articles
- conference papers
- book chapters
- legal cases and legislation
Loan of items from other libraries such as:
How do I submit a request?
- Log in to Library Search and search for the item.
- If you are searching in the Bond Library Resources click the 'Expand your search to other libraries' link.
- Find the item in the results and click the 'Get it for me. See request options' link.
- In the 'How to get it' section choose whether you want to request a physical copy (if offered) or digital copy in the form and select the 'Get it' button.
- Fill in additional information needed in the form and then select 'Send'.
- Your request is now submitted. If you requested a physical item the library will contact you when the item is ready to collect or if you requested a digital item it will be sent to your Bond University email account once the request has been processed.
If you have any problem with the method above, a manual request form is available.
How long will it take?
You can log into Library Search to monitor progress on your request in the Requests area. Approximate delivery times:
- 5 business days for most books
- 24 hours for most journal articles and book chapters
Delivery times are dependent on the availability of the supplying libraries and the accuracy of the details provided.
How do I access my requests?
If you requested a digital copy, it will be sent to your Bond University email account or you can download it from the Requests area in Library Search. You will have a limit of 3 downloads within 90 days for each digital item.
If you requested a physical copy, you will be sent a notification to your Bond University email account when it's available to collect from the Main Library Service Desk. Loan lengths will depend on the supplying library.
Click & Collect requests
If the item you need is on the shelf in the Library or currently on loan to someone else, you can place a Click & Collect request on it via Library Search. A notification will be sent to your Bond University email account when the item is ready for collection at the service desk in the Main or Law Library.
Items that are normally available for loans of 14 days or longer are loaned for 7 days when there is a waiting list to ensure equitable access.
Requests are used to monitor demand on individual titles. Extra copies may be purchased if demand is very high.
If an item you have on loan is requested by someone else it will be automatically recalled. A notification will be sent to your Bond University email account and you will be required to return the item to the library by a specified date. Automatic renewals do not apply to requested items.
|Membership type||Standard loans||3 day loans (Audiovisual)||7 day loans||3 hours loans (Reserve)||Demerit points|
|Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Bond University College||7 days minimum loan||3 days minimum loan||7 days minimum loan||✘||2 points per item|
|Staff||7 days minimum loan||3 days minimum loan||7 days minimum loan||✘||✘|